first ever OTB game

first ever OTB game

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
24 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Education != Intelligence
I can see why Skeeter had a real go at you now, despite my admiration for your chess skills, I am really glad that I am not as unhappy in life as you must be, believe me despite you rubbing me up the wrong way, I actually feel pity for you. Someday I hope that you can learn to be happy, if you do, you will learn that getting on with people and making friends can be very rewarding. Despite what I have just said I do regret trying to stick up for you when Skeeter was having a go at you. Skeeter, I take it all back, you were actually doing this site a service in redressing the balance on this site for all the players that Xnathos spends hours putting down, makes you wonder if that's all he ever does in life, not in real life of course, he doesn't strike me as someone that would have the balls to do things face to face.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by stevetodd
I can see why Skeeter had a real go at you now, despite my admiration for your chess skills, I am really glad that I am not as unhappy in life as you must be, believe me despite you rubbing me up the wrong way, I actually feel pity for you. Someday I hope that you can learn to be happy, if you do, you will learn that getting on with people and making frien ...[text shortened]... of course, you don't strike me as someone that would have the balls to do things face to face.
If Skeeter wasn't lying about being a lecturer here then I'd quite happily say every word to her face.

s

Moves
24 Feb 06

If Skeeter wasn't lying about being a lecturer here then I'd quite happily say every word to her face.
I’m not specifically talking about Skeeter, I meant generally, the way you are nearly always being petty with a hell of a lot of your posts, maybe you are unaware you are doing it? It wouldn’t hurt if you ran through your posts and just see how often you do it. Anyway it’s almost 3 am here in the UK so I’m off to bed now.

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
24 Feb 06

Education != Intelligence
Edukation is a wonderful thing weather you realice it or not, so dont knock it.😏

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by belgianfreak
and I won 😏
I finally got around to joining a chess club and played my first propper OTB match against the treasurer (which of course means nothing about his chess ability), 1h30 each on the clock. I screwed up the start, gave away the centre, but came through to win by a pawn with 4 minutes left on the clock.

Not that you'll care about any of thi ...[text shortened]... d use to make it easy (eg. 1.Nc3 Pe5...)

Thanks to anyone who'll take the time

BF
What does OTB (Off Track Betting) have to do with chess?

T

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Trains44
What does OTB (Off Track Betting) have to do with chess?
OTB = Over the Board

MS

Under Cover

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by TimmyToilet
OTB = Over the Board
Bait taken

MS

Under Cover

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by stevetodd
I can see why Skeeter had a real go at you now, despite my admiration for your chess skills, I am really glad that I am not as unhappy in life as you must be, believe me despite you rubbing me up the wrong way, I actually feel pity for you. Someday I hope that you can learn to be happy, if you do, you will learn that getting on with people and making frien ...[text shortened]... course, he doesn't strike me as someone that would have the balls to do things face to face.
Nobody owes Skeeter an apology, except perhaps TRACKHEAD for CHEATING on her.

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
24 Feb 06

OTB = Over the Board
Thank you TT but you've GOT to change that name!! Timmy is fine, but Toilet??? 😕

k

Moves
24 Feb 06

Another potentially interesting thread ruined. 🙁

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by kw72uk
Another potentially interesting thread ruined. 🙁
Nahhh!

T

Moves
24 Feb 06

Originally posted by Trains44
Thank you TT but you've GOT to change that name!! Timmy is fine, but Toilet??? 😕
I quite like my handle, thank you.

TT

T

Somewhere out there!

Moves
24 Feb 06

F

Scotton Lincolnshire

Moves
24 Feb 06

Well done on the win, I keep wondering about playing OTB again but would need my opponent to look away while I did a quick manual analyse board; I suppose that'a a drawback of correspondence chess- no quick decisions.

Xanthos also posts helpful stuff for weaker players and is not Australian and those are two key factors in his favour.

T
Full speed locomotiv

On tracks.

Moves
24 Feb 06

I quite like my handle, thank you.

TT
Ahhh yer right...."toilet" is a beautiful handle. 😞