1. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 23:50
    and I won 😏
    I finally got around to joining a chess club and played my first propper OTB match against the treasurer (which of course means nothing about his chess ability), 1h30 each on the clock. I screwed up the start, gave away the centre, but came through to win by a pawn with 4 minutes left on the clock.

Not that you'll care about any of this, but 'm buzzed about it! My opponent was kind of annoyed at getting beaten by the newbie so I didn't get chance to ask his rating, and as I don't have an engine I can't analyse the game yet I'd like to know where I wnet wrong (although I have a pretty clear idea of the major blunders) and exactly where I pulled it back (I'm pretty proud of the rook sacrafice that's in there). If I post it here would someone run an analysis for me? Is there a format I should use to make it easy (eg. 1.Nc3 Pe5...)

Thanks to anyone who'll take the time

BF
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 00:03
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    and I won 😏
    I finally got around to joining a chess club and played my first propper OTB match against the treasurer (which of course means nothing about his chess ability), 1h30 each on the clock. I screwed up the start, gave away the centre, but came through to win by a pawn with 4 minutes left on the clock.

Not that you'll care about any of thi ...[text shortened]... d use to make it easy (eg. 1.Nc3 Pe5...)

BF
    Congradulations!, I too am in my first otb season for a club I just joined. I lost my first game but now my record is 2.5 points from 5 games (drew tonight against a 113 player (bcf = 1850 FIDE)), so I'm quite pleased too.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 00:48
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Congradulations!
    I hope, for the sake of the British school system, that you have yet to be congradulated for graduating highschool.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I hope, for the sake of the British school system, that you have yet to be congradulated for graduating highschool.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make (what point are you making?) but no I have a first class honours degree, unfortunately I came back to chess late in life after a 30 year absence
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:26
    The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for congradulations:

1. congratulations
  6. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:28
    The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search box to the right.

Suggestions for congradulations:

1. congratulations
    Not everyone spells perfectly. No reason to point it out publicly.

TT
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:31
    and I won 😏

Not that you'll care about any of thi ...[text shortened]... d use to make it easy (eg. 1.Nc3 Pe5...)

BF
    Good work Jon! Best way to post it is in standard algebraic format, eg: 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 etc
  8. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by TimmyToilet
    Not everyone spells perfectly. No reason to point it out publicly.

TT
    Thanks Timmy, I can actually spell but having a few beers after the game doesn't help. I was very happy with my game tonight and the beers went down very well afterwards. I am still in a good mood, a sad git like xanthos who bravely types insults from his keyboard, but probbaly wouldn't have the guts to say anything to me face to face doesn't take away my joy.
  9. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:34
    and I won 😏

BF
    Excellent job Jon, congratulations.

I tried OTB playing a year ago, but I didn't have much success or time to devote to it, so I decided just to stick to correspondence chess for the time being.

TT
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:36
    Thanks Timmy, I can actually spell but having a few beers after the game doesn't help. I was very happy with my game tonight and the beers went down very well afterwards. I am still in a good mood, a sad git like xanthos who bravely types unsults from his keyboard, but probbaly wouldn't have the guts to say anything to me face to face doesn't take away my joy.
    It would probbaly be best if I could undo my unsult.
  11. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:41
    It would probbaly be best if I could undo my unsult.
    I already have corrected it, before I saw your recent bravely typed response, you must be a deeply sad person to get satisfaction from pointing out spelling mistakes to someone who you know has had more than a few drinks.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:43
    I already have corrected it, before I saw your recent bravely typed response, you must be a deeply sad person to get satisfaction from pointing out spelling mistakes to someone who you know has had more than a few drinks.
    Cool dudes get drunk and post on chess messageboards!
  13. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 01:451 edit
    look there is nothing wrong with having a few drinks, I post sober as well, but never do what you do, take cheap shots at fellow players
  14. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 02:10
    I suppose insulting someone's intelligence because of a typo is even cooler, right?
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 02:21
    Originally posted by Heroic Metool
    I suppose insulting someone's intelligence because of a typo is even cooler, right?
    Education != Intelligence

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree