Fischer-Spassky 1972 Fritz 11 analysis

Fischer-Spassky 1972 Fritz 11 analysis

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e4

Moves
11 Jan 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
That was twenty years ago. Maybe our current world champion has improved a little since then?
He was still graded well over 2200 then.

You won't such a game amongst the good guys I mentioned.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
He was still graded well over then.

You won't such a game amongst the good guys I mentioned.
I repeat - he was not in elite then. And looking at that game it`s clear why. You will not find such a game of modern player who is topGM during this game.

e4

Moves
11 Jan 09

Originally posted by Korch
I wonder why Matulovic did not play simple 15...Nf2+ taking exchange.[/b]
Just shows you the class of the guy - he could outplay players
from inferiors positions.

" I wonder why Matulovic did not play simple 15...Nf2+ taking exchange?"

That is the Fischer presence I spoke about earlier.
Good players just wilted at the board and played inferior moves.
No computer can ever take that into it's considerations.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09
3 edits

Just shows you the class of the guy - he could outplay players
from inferiors positions.

" I wonder why Matulovic did not play simple 15...Nf2+ taking exchange?"

That is the Fischer presence I spoke about earlier.
Good players just wilted at the board and played inferior moves.
No computer can ever take that into it's considerations.
Today any top GM would play 15...Nf2+ without doubts. And Fischer would be hammered.

And for showing ability to outplay from inferior positions ("to show the class" ), you should get inferior positions first. And from modern GM`s point of view getting lost position after 10 moves are really low class. Especially playing White.

e4

Moves
11 Jan 09

Today any top GM would play 15...Nf2+ without doubts. And Fischer would be hammered.
Speculation Korch - not allowed.

I'm 3½ hours late for where I should be - I'm shaving,
eating my breakfast, posting and playing moves all the same time.

I'm off now and won't be back till very late - please don't start another row.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09

Here is another "masterpiece" of another top GM from 70ties - Bent Larsen, losing as White in 17th moves. Please find some modern top GM losing in such manner.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09

Speculation Korch - not allowed.

I'm 3½ hours late for where I should be - I'm shaving,
eating my breakfast, posting and playing moves all the same time.

I'm off now and won't be back till very late - please don't start another row.
If you have seen some top GM not winning such a positions in game with classical time control then let me know.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09
2 edits

Another "masterpiece" of Larsen.

Definitely you will not find too many modern topGM games when one side has lost position after 14 moves.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jan 09

And for showing ability to outplay from inferior positions ("to show the class" ), you should get inferior positions first. And from modern GM`s point of view getting lost position after 10 moves are really low class. Especially playing White.
Didn't the reigning World Champion a few years ago walk into a two move mate?

Your assertions are ridiculous.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jan 09

Here is another "masterpiece" of another top GM from 70ties - Bent Larsen, losing as White in 17th moves. Please find some modern top GM losing in such manner.

[pgn]
[Event "Beograd"]
[Site "Beograd"]
[Date "1970.??.??"]
[EventDate "?"]
[Round "?"]
[Result "0-1"]
[White "Bent Larsen"]
[Black "Boris Spassky"]
[ECO "A01"]
[WhiteElo "?"]
[BlackElo " ...[text shortened]... hxg3 14. Rg1 Rh1 15. Rxh1 g2 16. Rf1 Qh4+
17. Kd1 gxf1=Q+ 0-1
[/pgn]
Yeah, no modern GM could possibly lose in 17 moves.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1018304&kpage=1

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09
6 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yeah, no modern GM could possibly lose in 17 moves.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1018304&kpage=1
1) I`ve used words "modern top GM". I hope you see the difference?
2) Anand had Black, Larsen had White. In modern top GM chess its important difference.
3) In 1992 Anand was obviously lower in world chess hierarchy than Larsen in 1970.
4) In game you have given Black lost in blunder in 17th move (after 17...Nb6 Black are OK.) while games quoted by me mistakes leading to lost position were made in worse positions which were result of doubtful choice of opening line.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09
1 edit

Didn't the reigning World Champion a few years ago walk into a two move mate?

Your assertions are ridiculous.
Was he in lost position after 10th move playing White? Your comparision is obvious nonsense.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jan 09

Was he in lost position after 10th move playing White? Your comparision is obvious nonsense.
You're an obvious idiot. Sure it's easier now to prepare openings with the tools that are available. That hardly means the players are "better" now. One can cherry pick games with blunders by top GMs NOW as well as 30 years ago as you either well know and are being dishonest or don't know and are being ignorant.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jan 09

1) I`ve used words "modern [b]top GM". I hope you see the difference?
2) Anand had Black, Larsen had White. In modern top GM chess its important difference.
3) In 1992 Anand was obviously lower in world chess hierarchy than Larsen in 1970.
4) In game you have given Black lost in blunder in 17th move (after 17...Nb6 Black are OK.) while games quoted by ...[text shortened]... t position were made in worse positions which were result of doubtful choice of opening line.[/b]
1) Anand wasn't a modern top GM?;
2) I haven't seen any stats that prove that White wins a higher percentage of GM games now then they did 30 or even 100 years ago. Please cite them if you have them;
3) Anand played for the World Championship within three years of that embarrassing loss; when did Larsen play for the title again?;
4) So Anand losing in 17 moves isn't as bad as Larsen losing in 17 moves?🙄

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
11 Jan 09
4 edits

You're an obvious idiot. Sure it's easier now to prepare openings with the tools that are available. That hardly means the players are "better" now. One can cherry pick games with blunders by top GMs NOW as well as 30 years ago as you either well know and are being dishonest or don't know and are being ignorant.
You're an obvious idiot.

So Mr.1500 OTB player has started personal attacks? The same player who have been send to "idiot" his OTB games asking to help with analysis?

Sure it's easier now to prepare openings with the tools that are available. That hardly means the players are "better" now.

For your notice - important part of chess strength is also chess knowledge. With modern chess knowledge I haven`t noticed any game in which top GM have managed to get in opening position in which to resign. The fastest defeats I remember had more than 20 moves and loser was Black.

One can cherry pick games with blunders by top GMs NOW as well as 30 years ago as you either well know and are being dishonest or don't know and are being ignorant.

You are allowed to pick blunders of modern top GMs. I may start to search games in which topGMs of past have made stupid (from modern GM point of view) mistakes. These games I have posted I knew before this thread. When we will start to search lets see who will find more.