1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 16:00
    I read once in the forum that they will set the conditional move but still waiting. it will be great. for those who stopped moving when whey know the mate is coming, one have just to set the logical moves and it will be done. when the looser decide to move, the response is immediate and his timer start again.
    I think I wont resubscribe again if they don't set this possibility here.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 16:36
    Originally posted by Tchek
    I read once in the forum that they will set the conditional move but still waiting. it will be great. for those who stopped moving when whey know the mate is coming, one have just to set the logical moves and it will be done. when the looser decide to move, the response is immediate and his timer start again.
    Thats a major threat to the site. 😲 You won't get my $30 if you don't spend several hours getting the conditional moves operational. 🙄

I am sure that Russ and Chris will now be jumping to it and getting the conditional moves up and running immediately. 😛

While the conditional moves will speed up the end process slightly where a forced mate will follow, the time controls of the game will dictate how long it will take to get the forced mate.

The win will come in due course, why worry?
  3. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 17:37
    It's being tested now. I'm using it and really like it, although I use it less often than I thought I might. If you send a message to Russ, he might add you to the test group.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 17:52
    Originally posted by d36366
    It's being tested now. I'm using it and really like it, although I use it less often than I thought I might. If you send a message to Russ, he might add you to the test group.
    WOW, That's a good news!!!
    how to contact Russ???
  5. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 17:58
    You need the special russ signal. It is like the bat signal only with a giant R instead of a bat.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 18:11
    WOW, That's a good news!!!
    how to contact Russ???
    Click Send Feedback at the bottom of the screen.

D
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 19:16
    I wonder who the first person to come a cropper with this feature will be. Like the story of the correspondence player who responded to 1. e4 with "1..b6, then 2...Bb7 after any reply".

Got a bit of a shock when his opponent played 2. Ba6.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 19:41
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I wonder who the first person to come a cropper with this feature will be. Like the story of the correspondence player who responded to 1. e4 with "1..b6, then 2...Bb7 after any reply".

Got a bit of a shock when his opponent played 2. Ba6.
    Use the feature at your own risk 🙂
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 20:331 edit
    I don't think that "any move" is a legal move in the conditional move feature at RHP.
  10. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 22:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't think that "any move" is a legal move in the conditional move feature at RHP.
    Correct. To specify Bb7 as a response to any of white's 29 possible 2nd moves (have I counted right? well you get the point anyway), you would have to enter 29 separate conditional moves. I assume nobody ever does this.

Also, an important difference from the old style postal conditional moves is that your opponent doesn't know what conditional move(s) you have specified before he makes his move, so he can't play to your dumb choices.

Because you have to enter each line separately, I have found it is only really useful when your opponent has only one sensible reply. Otherwise, it's just too much hassle.

On those occasions, however, it is really good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree