1. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 16:58
    Ok I said I was gonna do it...1st game to open up for me...so here goes...and 9 more after...lol

Dave
    ( for those who don't remember I said i would answer anything with d6 as black for the next 10 games...still need someone to do it with b6 and g6 )
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 17:23
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Ok I said I was gonna do it...1st game to open up for me...so here goes...and 9 more after...lol

Dave
    ( for those who don't remember I said i would answer anything with d6 as black for the next 10 games...still need someone to do it with b6 and g6 )
    I often answer anything with g6 so am happy to use g6 or b6 for the next ten games i get.
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 17:26
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I often answer anything with g6 so am happy to use g6 or b6 for the next ten games i get.
    Thanks Kepler...this is a little experiment for chessvan due to his question a few threads down.

I think when it is all said and done we will have some good games for analysis and at least a decent idea of which one of the three actually gives the best position going into the middlegame.

Bad things is is that i think alot of the games will transpose into the others...like the one I am playing now...lol

Dave
  4. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 17:29
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 17:381 edit
    Thanks Kepler...this is a little experiment for chessvan due to his question a few threads down.

I think when it is all said and done we will have some good games for analysis and at least a decent idea of which one of the three actually gives the best position going into the middlegame.

Bad things is is that i think alot of the games will transpose into the others...like the one I am playing now...lol

Dave
    g6 against anything can transpose into a KID if permitted but I won't be going that way. I shall ensure I stay away from Nf6. It doesn't look as if your game is anything but a Pirc though.
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 17:461 edit
    g6 against anything can transpose into a KID if permitted but I won't be going that way. I shall ensure I stay away from Nf6.
    Yeah...I slid into a damn Pirc...but it is really not about the fact that you can transpose...it is just the fact that we will see what white does against that opening move and how the game steers...if we transpose we transpose...but it will help alot of people to say "ok...if I always open up with this then 90% of the time it will turn into this...so I learn that"

Like i said...good experiment for alot of people to look at.

And i think it will be fun too....except for that one person who is laying in wait with one completely screwed up opening that kicks my butt cause d6 is completely stupid to play against it...lol

Dave

Once again...thanks for hopping in on this one Kepler...now we just need that b6 person

edit:but just to make it interesting I will try and slide into a Balogh or a PCG or a Dutch...or something with f5 in the future
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 18:02
    Yeah...I slid into a damn Pirc...but it is really not about the fact that you can transpose...it is just the fact that we will see what white does against that opening move and how the game steers...if we transpose we transpose...but it will help alot of people to say "ok...if I always open up with this then 90% of the time it will turn into this...so I lea ...[text shortened]... ave

Once again...thanks for hopping in on this one Kepler...now we just need that b6 person
    If you play d6 you will likely end up in a Pirc since that's how a Pirc starts.

For my part, if white opens with b3 or b4 I won't play g6 but will play b6 instead!

Hmmm, I need some games. I'll set up a few open invites.
  8. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 18:09
    If you play d6 you will likely end up in a Pirc since that's how a Pirc starts.

For my part, if white opens with b3 or b4 I won't play g6 but will play b6 instead!

Hmmm, I need some games. I'll set up a few open invites.
    I think I can keep it from always being a pirc.

I might be old but I still have quite a few tricks up my sleeve...and some openings that these youngsters haven't even heard of...lol

Dave
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 18:51
    I have five games specifically for this now:

Game 4336984
    Game 4336985
    Game 4336986
    Game 4336987
    Game 4336988

Nothing spectacularly unusual so far
  10. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 19:26
    I have five games specifically for this now:

Game 4336984
    Game 4336985
    Game 4336986
    Game 4336987
    Game 4336988

Nothing spectacularly unusual so far
    And with good ol Dutch! At least that one will have some theory value...he studies quite a bit.

Dave
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 19:28
    And with good ol Dutch! At least that one will have some theory value...he studies quite a bit.

Dave
    Which is more than I do. The reason I play 1. Nf3 as white and 1. ... g6 as black is to avoid as much theory as possible. I prefer playing to reading books about chess. Physics and mathematics are for studying, chess is for playing.
  12. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 19:31
    Which is more than I do. The reason I play 1. Nf3 as white and 1. ... g6 as black is to avoid as much theory as possible. I prefer playing to reading books about chess. Physics and mathematics are for studying, chess is for playing.
    Good point...but some of us are dumb on the bus...and need those books...like me.

Actually though if you have good enough tactical and endgame ability ANY opening is playable.

Which is why I will be trying to get into the Balogh in the next few games i have with d6.

Some say it is crap...I say it's fun...lol

Dave
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 19:38
    Good point...but some of us are dumb on the bus...and need those books...like me.

Actually though if you have good enough tactical and endgame ability ANY opening is playable.

Which is why I will be trying to get into the Balogh in the next few games i have with d6.

Some say it is crap...I say it's fun...lol

Dave
    How does that go then? If it confuses the opponent it has to be worth a go.
  14. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 20:13
    How does that go then? If it confuses the opponent it has to be worth a go.
    1.e4 d6 2. d4 ( almost always the reply ) f5

I know the guy who did a ton of analysis on it back in the 80's and 90's and have my notes from that somewhere...gotta check in some boxes.

Needless to say it is an opening that either you have tactical prowess or you get slammed.

Not positional one bit...lol

Dave
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 20:28
    1.e4 d6 2. d4 ( almost always the reply ) f5

I know the guy who did a ton of analysis on it back in the 80's and 90's and have my notes from that somewhere...gotta check in some boxes.

Needless to say it is an opening that either you have tactical prowess or you get slammed.

Not positional one bit...lol

Dave
    I like the look of that. It should serve to confuse most opponents.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree