1. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 02:39
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Good point...but some of us are dumb on the bus...and need those books...like me.

Actually though if you have good enough tactical and endgame ability ANY opening is playable.

Which is why I will be trying to get into the Balogh in the next few games i have with d6.

Some say it is crap...I say it's fun...lol

Dave
    I like to play Bird's Opening ( 1 f4), but Black seems to have all the fun for quite a while if he plays From's Gambit (1...e5). Maybe playing a Balough Reversed with 2 d3! is the answer!
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 08:51
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I like to play Bird's Opening ( 1 f4), but Black seems to have all the fun for quite a while if he plays From's Gambit (1...e5). Maybe playing a Balough Reversed with 2 d3! is the answer!
    Got to be worth a try. I definitely favour using reversed openings.
  3. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 09:22
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Definetly worth the try...I mean what is the worst that can happen? You lose? They can't take away your birthday...lol.

But the kicker with it is after a few tries you will know exactly how to play against certain replies and then you will have a system that you can call your own!

That is what chess needs...so many people play the exact same stuff all of the time they have forgotten the creativity that chess really is.

Those 64 squares are the same as a canvas to a painter.

Anyone can take a picture...so be original when you paint...sometimes it might come up sloppy...so you throw it away and start fresh.

We look upon the Immortal Game by Andersen or the Game of the Century by Fischer and see beauty...but yet play the same lines we see in the opening books and the same openings that are considered "safe".

Everyday you walk out of your door and could get hit by a bus...but you walk out still the same.

Why should it be different in chess?

Take a chance every now and then...try the grob and see what happens...cause if you want to improve your play...playing something like that will do it...cause you will be forced to find a good move every time.

I promise you in the end...you will be a happier and a better player

Dave
  4. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 21:20
    Bumping back to the top...anyone gonna go for b6???

Dave
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 22:46

Dave
    When I have finished the five g6 games I have I may try five b6 games and then go back and do another five g6 and so on.
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 01:12
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When I have finished the five g6 games I have I may try five b6 games and then go back and do another five g6 and so on.
    Kep you are the man!

I will have my star tomorrow so i can take on more games and really get this working.

I might try the doing 5 b6 games and then we can look over em together...since it seems we are the only ones brave enough to do this.

Dave
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 20:38
    Kep you are the man!

I will have my star tomorrow so i can take on more games and really get this working.

I might try the doing 5 b6 games and then we can look over em together...since it seems we are the only ones brave enough to do this.

Dave
    The g6 bit is not brave, I play g6 most of the time at present. b6 would be a new idea for me, although I have played it occasionally against the Bird.
  8. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 00:20
    One down, four to go.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 07:37

Dave
    I will try it
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 10:09
    Another three games with g6. All of these are from the English tournament.

Game 4375779
    Game 4375776
    Game 4375769

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree