1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 21:29
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Okay, if Reuben Fine could go down the silly psychology path, then I guess I'm also entitled.

[fen]8/k1K5/8/8/8/8/8/7Q w - - 0 1[/fen]

White to play. Does White deliver mate with Qa1 or Qb7, and why? (Okay, there may not really be a reason, but we're having fun, right?)

P.S. Keep the responses clean... Uh, well, at least clean enough that nobody gets into trouble. 🙂
    Definetly Qa1# but I really don't know why.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 21:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The Sadist plays 1.Qh6 and then 2.Qa6#.
    The Artistic Sadist plays 1.Qf1 and then 2.Qa6#
    I just knew that there had to be a few really sick, twisted people here on RHP. (And to paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Of course, the true sadist would take it as close to the 50 move rule as possible, and the true masochistic defender would never resign. 😏
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 21:56
    I just knew that there had to be a few really sick, twisted people here on RHP. (And to paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Of course, the true sadist would take it as close to the 50 move rule as possible, and the true masochistic defender would never resign. 😏
    I like this thread.
  4. e4
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 22:21
    I think ultra mean sadist would go for

1.Qe4 Ka6

"I'm getting away."

2.Qa4 mate.

As to the original question.

Perhaps it's Qa1 mate so the Queen stays as far away from the
    King as possible.
    1.Qb7 mate and the Queen is actually touching the King's 'wots it'.

Those of you who have read what Rueben Fine said how
    Fischer thought of his King will understand this.
  5. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    13 Feb '09 22:28
    Okay, if Reuben Fine could go down the silly psychology path, then I guess I'm also entitled.

White to play. Does White deliver mate with Qa1 or Qb7, and why? (Okay, there may not really be a reason, but we're having fun, right?)

P.S. Keep the responses clean... Uh, well, at least clean enough that nobody gets into trouble. 🙂
    Better question though is why black didn't already resign. What about his psychological issues ? Resign, you idiot 😛
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 18:28
    QA8 and see if Black can find the draw.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 18:42
    Qa1 makes the King seem more important since he is needed to cover 3 squares, and so will be played by insecure males and females who know how to manipulate men.

Qb7 should be played by feminists, since while it acknowledges that the patriachic rules require that the queen be protected from capture, it also makes it plain out that she could do it by herself if not for that disempowering rule. It also makes evident that the king is not only hiding behind her, he is having her do all the real work.

Postfeminists will just leave things as they are, while networking on their cells.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 04:55
    why? a stalemate from a wom position is everyone's nightmare! Qa1 or Qa7 are indifferent since they're both mate no matter what Fritz says!
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:10
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I think ultra mean sadist would go for

1.Qe4 Ka6

"I'm getting away."

2.Qa4 mate.

[fen]8/2K5/k7/8/Q7/8/8/8[/fen]

As to the original question.

Perhaps it's Qa1 mate so the Queen stays as far away from the
    King as possible.
    1.Qb7 mate and the Queen is actually touching the King's 'wots it'.

Those of you who have read what Rueben Fine said how
    Fischer thought of his King will understand this.
    Oh, when I was young I realised whilst studying "La Philosophie dans le boudoir" that the ultra mean sadist is stupid regardless her/ his intellingence (too high IQ combined with too low EQ is the ultimate definition of stupidity I reckon).

And of course I agree with you -Dr Fine is a profound moron once you realise his thoughts about Fischer' King;

I 'm gonna have a toast now for her Majesty the Queen Qb7, haggis bagpipe pure malt and all. BTW Vive la France (I like french tatties too)😵
  10. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 05:18
    Qa1! That way the queen covers a8 without actually being able to see it- plus it's a pure mate! What IDIOT would play Qb7???
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 09:53

Freudian finish? Does this mean your sexuality is part of the game?😲
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Feb '09 19:55

Qb7. That way the King is more intimidated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree