Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 29 Sep '09 09:37
    Available from 7. October 2009 Fritz 12
    http://www.chessbase.com/shop/product.asp?pid=467

    FRITZ 12: THIS IS NEW:

    * Completely redesigned ergonomic interface
    * Twelve months premium membership on Playchess.com
    * New Fritz engine: even stronger!
    * New openings book by Alex Kure
    * Twelve hours chess tutorial videos with international trainers and world class players
    * Updated database of 1.5 million games from 1625 to 2009

    System requirements: Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows-Media Player 9, internet access (playchess.com, updates and activation). Recommended: PC Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Windows Vista or Windows 7, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD ROM drive and internet access (playchess.com, updates and activation).
  2. 29 Sep '09 09:40
    Also this looks like it is out. ChessBase Light 2009 http://www.chessbase.com/download/cblight/index.asp?newsid=5654

    I haven't been to the ChessBase website in ages so I cannot tell when CBLight 2009 was released.
  3. 29 Sep '09 12:32
    Why?

    99.99% of the chess playing population cannot beat Fritz 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 & 11.

    Why do you want another chess program you cannot beat?
  4. 29 Sep '09 12:44
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Why?

    99.99% of the chess playing population cannot beat Fritz 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 & 11.

    Why do you want another chess program you cannot beat?
    So if people bought Fritz because they could beat it, even the top GM's could not buy it then. People do not buy programs because they can beat them, that is outlandish.

    I'm not actually promoting Fritz just posting a FYI. I have no intention of getting Fritz 12 or CB Light 2009 but someone might find this useful.
  5. 29 Sep '09 14:06
    You have missed the point.

    Let us do it in a question and answer way.

    I have Fritz 11 which I cannot beat.

    I am going to buy Fritz 12 because .............................

    Fill in the dots.

    (I think it may be a penis thing).
  6. 29 Sep '09 14:14
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    You have missed the point.

    Let us do it in a question and answer way.

    I have Fritz 11 which I cannot beat.

    I am going to buy Fritz 12 because .............................

    Fill in the dots.

    (I think it may be a penis thing).
    43pg time goes on. Some people are younger than you and may not have older versions. Some people upgrade computers from their originals. I have cm5000? that won't run on my xp computer. Although I would agree with your speculation that for most these are just penis extensions. Since I have internet I have had no need for compchess.
  7. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    29 Sep '09 14:17 / 1 edit
    I have deep Fritz 10, and it has a "full analysis" function where it will apply whatever opening book you set up, and also apply tablebases to give a full analysis of a game, starting backwards and analyzing each move.

    After a tournament, I mouse in each of my games in chessbase, use the "go to Fritz" function, and then have the computer analyze my game. I then compare the analysis to my thinking to see where I went wrong. Sometimes the computer recommends moves or lines I would never consider (9 bizarre looking moves that lead to a 10th that justifies the idea, but I would never see over the board, for example), but I have learned a tremendous amount from it, especially endgames.

    If the Fritz 12 function is dramatically improved, I would consider it. The ergonomics might also be a factor for me, but it would have to really "wow" me, as I'm cool with how Fritz 10 is set up.

    Paul Leggett
  8. 29 Sep '09 14:36
    I own a motorcycle,a 10 year old race replica,that has 148 horsepower of which I can use approx 100 because I'm not riding it on a racetrack,and because I'm a rubbish pilot.
    My friend bought a new motorcycle that has 180hp of which he can use approx 100 for the same reasons.
    When we go for a ride he cannot pull away an inch but in the pub he beats me with 32hp.

    Same thing different setting.
  9. Standard member orion25
    Art is hard
    29 Sep '09 16:19
    Originally posted by Winston Smith
    I own a motorcycle,a 10 year old race replica,that has 148 horsepower of which I can use approx 100 because I'm not riding it on a racetrack,and because I'm a rubbish pilot.
    My friend bought a new motorcycle that has 180hp of which he can use approx 100 for the same reasons.
    When we go for a ride he cannot pull away an inch but in the pub he beats me with 32hp.

    Same thing different setting.
    A penis thing thus
  10. 29 Sep '09 16:33 / 2 edits
    You lot would make good politicians you have mastered
    the art of NOT answering the question.

    Q: If you have Fritz 11 - Why do you want Fritz 12?

    One comes on and talks about CM500 and another about some
    biker gang he is in where they race each other to the pub on clapped
    out 10 year old motorcycles.

    How do you know the version they are putting out is stronger than Frtz11?

    How can you tell?

    And why?
  11. 29 Sep '09 16:41
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    You lot would make good politicians you have mastered
    the art of NOT answering the question.

    Q: If you have Fritz 11 - Why do you want Fritz 12?

    One comes on and talks about CM500 and another about some
    biker gang he is in where they race each other to the pub on clapped
    out 10 year old motorcycles.

    How do you know the version they are putting out is stronger than Frtz11?

    How can you tell?

    And why?
    I thought I answered the question I don't want it. I merely speculated to counter your speculation.
  12. 29 Sep '09 17:05
    So you are speculating that I was speculating.

    Hmmm.......

    If you don't want Fritz 12 why did you answer the question that
    was clearly aimed at people who do.?
  13. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    29 Sep '09 17:19
    Originally posted by Winston Smith
    I own a motorcycle,a 10 year old race replica,that has 148 horsepower of which I can use approx 100 because I'm not riding it on a racetrack,and because I'm a rubbish pilot.
    My friend bought a new motorcycle that has 180hp of which he can use approx 100 for the same reasons.
    When we go for a ride he cannot pull away an inch but in the pub he beats me with 32hp.

    Same thing different setting.
  14. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    29 Sep '09 17:21
    Apologies, I didn't add my post:
    Going on from this link to motorcycles, you have me curious...I am a vintage bike fanatic but interested in most things two wheels..10yrs old with 148bhp, maybe an R1 but there are others I know ? Crank figures always confuse me as to why they publish but the R1 was certainly a good 130 odd hp monster. A future classic indeed
  15. 29 Sep '09 17:26
    Out of it:

    You two grease mokeys can PM each other and talk about your
    wretched noisy toys.

    This is a man's thread - we are talking Chess Computers here.