Fritz 12 Out in a week!

Fritz 12 Out in a week!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
02 Oct 09

Most of these threads have focused on the engine, but I think a potentially big point is being overlooked.

Fritz 12 is going to have a completely new graphical user interface. I know from reading lots of the forum postings that the interface of various websites makes a big difference in the playing experience and perceived quality of the sites, so I know that it is a valued issue.

I currently have Deep Fritz 10, but I use Deep Rybka 2.3.2a as the engine in Fritz's graphical user interface (GIF).

I haven't had any issues with it myself, but if the new GIF is much better and/or has some cool new features, it is possible that some people would buy Fritz 12 just for the GIF, and plug in whatever engine they prefer. The Fritz GIF has valuable database features for those who can't afford chessbase, and if those features are significantly improved, that could justify the price alone for some people.

Just a thought.

Paul

C

Moves
02 Oct 09

Originally posted by Paul Leggett
Most of these threads have focused on the engine, but I think a potentially big point is being overlooked.

Fritz 12 is going to have a completely new graphical user interface. I know from reading lots of the forum postings that the interface of various websites makes a big difference in the playing experience and perceived quality of the sites, so I ...[text shortened]... ntly improved, that could justify the price alone for some people.

Just a thought.

Paul
Exactly, this is what some of the idiots talking mumbo jumbo are not understanding. Not everyone has Fritz 11 and ChessBase 10. People spend money getting playchess accounts every year. The cost of Fritz 12 (which includes one year of free access to playchess) is not that much higher than the cost of an annual playchess account.

Fritz 12 for many people could be the only package they have, so those idiots with ChessBase 8/9/10 arguing loudly in this thread are not seeing that.

m

Moves
02 Oct 09

C

Moves
08 Oct 09

Has anyone got their Fritz 12 yet? How was the installation?

STS

Moves
08 Oct 09

I bought fritz 7 for 5 bucks in a bargain bin years ago, it crushes me at 5 seconds/move.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Oct 09

Fritz 12 is going to have a completely new graphical user interface. I know from reading lots of the forum postings that the interface of various websites makes a big difference in the playing experience and perceived quality of the sites, so I ...[text shortened]... ntly improved, that could justify the price alone for some people.

Just a thought.

Paul
well at least the GUI can't get much worse, so you have a point there.

but then again:

"The wait is over, the English language version of Fritz 12 is now available and shipping to our customers all over the world. It represents a complete rewrite of the famous Fritz interface. The program has been modernized to comply with Microsoft’s “Fluent UI” standard – anyone who knows Office 2007 will feel immediately at home in Fritz 12. Take a look."

...I wouldn't hold my breath.

R

The Smoke

Moves
08 Oct 09

MI currently have Deep Fritz 10, but I use Deep Rybka 2.3.2a as the engine in Fritz's graphical user interface (GIF).

I haven't had any issues with it myself, but if the new GIF is much
it's GUI 😉

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
08 Oct 09

Originally posted by Renars
it's GUI 😉
I'm normally pretty good with the language, except for consonants and vowels.

Now I know why I couldn't move my rook to the open s, t, or v-files the other day, no matter how much I urged the mouse.

😕 Paul

BSU

Moves
11 Oct 09

sorry if i missed this but how do you have a

'* Completely redesigned ergonomic interface'

surely that's the keyboard