1. Joined
    24 Sep '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 05:16
    I just got my first chess program every, Deep Fritz 10. When I try to do "Full Analysis" it tells me to insert CD even though it's already inserted. Then when I hit recheck, it tells me "Wrong Engine CD". I bought Fritz primarily for analysis so I really need to fix this problem! Please help! Thanks.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 05:53
    it's probably the device rather than the CD, but not necessarily. Then, in the device, the problem could be either software or hardware related, or even both, but the chances of that are probably astronomically small.

Since you "just bought it," what's the "emergency?

In what way do you expect to get help from a chess site? Isn't the product "supported" by an 800 number or website?

by the way, what were you planning on doing with the device, other than playing chess with it? Do you have other places where you might find some games should you happen to have to return it for an exchange or a repair?

If you like, you can send it to me and I'll see if i can get it to work for you. Just let me know.
  3. London
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 08:32
    Originally posted by pawned83
    I just got my first chess program every, Deep Fritz 10. When I try to do "Full Analysis" it tells me to insert CD even though it's already inserted. Then when I hit recheck, it tells me "Wrong Engine CD". I bought Fritz primarily for analysis so I really need to fix this problem! Please help! Thanks.
    Have you tried the other disc?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 11:29
    If you have two cd drives, use the other one. Fritz only recognizes the main drive.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 16:552 edits
    Edit: Sorry, my answer is obsolete...
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 17:16
    Sometimes I wonder. Why is Fritz so important? You have made no moves so you have no games to analyse.
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 22:22
    Under the engine menu click on change engine and try a different engine. I think the engine it's trying to use is a multi processor engine or something...I'm not a computer guru.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '07 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by masscat
    Under the engine menu click on change engine and try a different engine. I think the engine it's trying to use is a multi processor engine or something...I'm not a computer guru.
    Deep fritz 10 is a multi processor version. If you don't have a dual core processor that might be your problem. The single processor version would have cost you much less. I believe there is somewhere in the setup to change it to single processor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree