1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 01:251 edit
    Originally posted by philidor position
    you're welcome.

you don't. you only have the deviation from the best line. but it's all automated, so you don't have to spend ages going through the game manually and note everything down.
    Yes the blundercheck is a good method - maybe even better than top 3 matchup.

The problem is that there's a lack of evidence of what is humanly possible & where the threshold for suspected engine assistance would lie with this method.
    The data is already known for top 3 out of book matchup stats.

If you spent many hours carefully collecting blundercheck analysis for a suspect in, say 20 games, then send the evidence to the games mods, I reckon the mods would then have to do top 3 matchup analysis from scratch in these games anyway!

The mods may of course have done extensive blundercheck analysis on top pre-1980 CC games & super GM OTB games, but until someone does, the blundercheck method remains merely an interesting secondary method.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 05:23
    The only thing to be done then is to ask RHP if they can ask Fritz to set up some match up analysis program...
  3. Joined
    14 May '09
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 07:07
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Endgames are difficult! It's a mistake to think that endgames played by "strong" players will have a high match-up with a strong engine.

For example, take a look at this game between Weyerstrass (#1) and Woodworm (#10): Game 4054880.

This is a very complicated position and there is no chance whatsoever that the moves played between these two would have a high match-up with Fritz.
    Hey, Hey, Hey, its Fat Mama.

You appear a bit contradictory ... can you explain yourself? I saw at least one of your posts where you suggested someone was contemplating leaving the site because of a high similarity with Fritz but here you now say there is to be a low similarity to Fritz? Your "hypothesis" should be backed by examples, unless you are now making up a new hypothesis to fit in with your chosen example.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 17:11
    Originally posted by Macpo
    The only thing to be done then is to ask RHP if they can ask Fritz to set up some match up analysis program...
    I'm pretty sure every serious chess site has developed their own program for such analysis.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 17:56
    Originally posted by CCNoob
    Hey, Hey, Hey, its Fat Mama.

You appear a bit contradictory ... can you explain yourself? I saw at least one of your posts where you suggested someone was contemplating leaving the site because of a high similarity with Fritz but here you now say there is to be a low similarity to Fritz? Your "hypothesis" should be backed by examples, unless you are now making up a new hypothesis to fit in with your chosen example.
    (assuming you're not sarcastic or something), I think he was being sarcastic.
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 14:07
    Quite so. Anyone who wants to know the Fritz match-up for the two players in this game (Game 4054880) is welcome to PM me (even you Jie!). If I don't reply it is probably because I have reached my limit of ten messages per day.
  7. e4
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 14:07
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Endgames are difficult! It's a mistake to think that endgames played by "strong" players will have a high match-up with a strong engine.

For example, take a look at this game between Weyerstrass (#1) and Woodworm (#10): Game 4054880.

This is a very complicated position and there is no chance whatsoever that the moves played between these two would have a high match-up with Fritz.
    I must be doing something wrong - either that or my kit is acting up.

The numbers I'm getting seem awful high.

(Shurely Shome Mishtake).
  8. Joined
    14 May '09
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 17:07
    Let me guess ... you must be a mind-reader right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree