1. Joined
    15 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 22:55
    The site had my rating @ 1496 for several days. Now I've just won again, and I look @ my screen to see my rating drop rather than raise with this new win. Please explain.
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 22:57
    Originally posted by favor
    The site had my rating @ 1496 for several days. Now I've just won again, and I look @ my screen to see my rating drop rather than raise with this new win. Please explain.
    It's called an FAQ - guess what it means.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 22:57
    A little investigation on your part by reading the FAQ, would answer your question. Just to be helpful, click here: FAQ
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    10 Dec '06 23:24
    The player you just beat was rated 1200. This was a lower rating than the average of your opponents prior to that game so your average rating of opponents dropped. Your preliminary rating is worked out as an average over your first 20 games so can go down even if you win.

After playing 20 games this cannot happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree