1. Standard memberStewartChess
    somethin clever here
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 18:271 edit
    idk i was just bored and wondered if anyone might think it would be fun to play a game on teams, in the forums...

create 2 teams from people that are in the forums, or at least check the forums, regularly. about 5 man teams, with one of those being a captain.

the final move is chosen by the captain but the thinking of each player is done in the thread so that everyone can learn from the game. so that weaker players or just everyone can see what the other people see when they play. i think it could teach people a lot, including myself. given that nobody uses a program to play which would just be dumb because it's obviously a non-rated game.

just an idea, is anyone up for it?

EDIT: haha, we can create forum clans and play as teams against each other! no not really unless people would actually want to. then instead of just playing in teams, we can insult each other in teams on non-chess related posts. like in the general forums. hahaha, wouldn't that be fun
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    04 Apr '07 18:57
    Originally posted by StewartChess
    idk i was just bored and wondered if anyone might think it would be fun to play a game on teams, in the forums...

create 2 teams from people that are in the forums, or at least check the forums, regularly. about 5 man teams, with one of those being a captain.

the final move is chosen by the captain but the thinking of each player is done in the t ...[text shortened]... in teams on non-chess related posts. like in the general forums. hahaha, wouldn't that be fun
    Some clans are already doing this. Of the ones I am in the Mustangs are playing a game versus Faith Hope Love, The Caro Kahn Lovers are playing a pari of games against both In Vino Veritas and Labrador's Doorknob while the rest of the French Defense clan is taking the white pieces against Weyerstrass. Naturally all of these games are unrated...
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 07:17
    Originally posted by zebano
    Some clans are already doing this. Of the ones I am in the Mustangs are playing a game versus Faith Hope Love, The Caro Kahn Lovers are playing a pari of games against both In Vino Veritas and Labrador's Doorknob while the rest of the French Defense clan is taking the white pieces against Weyerstrass. Naturally all of these games are unrated...
    If a game is discussed collectively while in progress, isn't this a violation of TOS 3b?
    Or is it alright if the game is unrated?
  4. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:39
    Originally posted by zebano
    Ooh. Will you post a link to the Weyerstrass game?
  5. Leuven
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:39
    I'd definitely would like to participate.
    Only one problem with the game I think: people from the other team can see what their opponents are planning and thinking...
  6. Standard memberStewartChess
    somethin clever here
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 17:50
    Originally posted by Meneer Dries
    I'd definitely would like to participate.
    Only one problem with the game I think: people from the other team can see what their opponents are planning and thinking...
    Well, we wouldn't be using one of the RHP online boards. We would just make the moves in the forums, with the captain posting a diagram of the board after every move, or say every 5 moves. technically, we don't have to have it as an actual SITE game, but just a game where everyone uses a side board at home or somethin.

also, the point is to allow your opponent to see your planned moves, now they don't have to have the reasons, that can be discussed privately amongst team members. allowing your opponent to see what moves you are planning for, gives them a better understanding of the position. it's a learning game, not just a fun competitive game.

Players
    1. StewartChess
    2. Meneer Dries
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 19:34
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Ooh. Will you post a link to the Weyerstrass game?
    Game 3069944

French Defense Lovers vrs. Weyerstrass
  8. Leuven
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 10:26
    is noone else willing to participate?
    To me this sounded like a cool idea...

By the way: I often get the impression that there are only a few dozen of people active on the forums. Is that really so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree