Game Mod Redux

Game Mod Redux

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 May 08
3 edits

After being without Game Mods for more than two months, a team of 5 very qualified players were named on March 27 with much fanfare. It was assumed that this new team would promptly resolve the Cludi mess and begin aggressive action against engine cheats. The hopes of the site were renewed when, within 10 days, obvious cheat nmdavidb and also Grintzl were banned. However .....................

What has happened in the six weeks since? The "removed player" list was deleted but those of us who keep track of these things know that not a single other username has been banned. The Cludi situation remains open with not a word from either Site Admins and/or Game Mods leading to speculation that DT's evidence against Cludi was found not sufficient. In the meantime, blatant cheats, some already reported to the Game Mods, continue to ply their trade here.

What is going on, I ask? Was the whole Game Mod discussion and vote a charade? Can we expect some progress on the Game Moderation front? Will the Cludi situation ever be settled (if the allegations have been determined to be unproven, then he should be invited back IMO)? Does Russ care anymore or does he really think the idea of clubs is a solution?

There are many questions but so far no answers. Will there ever be?

N

The sky

Moves
14 May 08

I think Russ is a fan of Ives.

SS

Moves
14 May 08

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
16 May 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
English Tal should obviously have the title now if cludi is an engine user but if not then cludi should be awarded the title gosh the site in a spot of bother at moment.

g

Moves
17 May 08

I believe that anyone who plays correspondence chess should operate under the assumption that at least some of their opponents are cheaters. That's just reality, and there's nothing that I know of that anyone can do about it.

Correspondence chess is really more of an analysis session than a sporting contest anyway, IMHO.

SS

Moves
17 May 08
1 edit

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Jun 08

Update:

It's now been 9 weeks without a single cheater being removed. The Cludi affair remains unresolved. And the number of Game Mods is down to four.

Am I the only one who finds this situation unsatisfactory?

N

The sky

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Update:

It's now been 9 weeks without a single cheater being removed. The Cludi affair remains unresolved. And the number of Game Mods is down to four.

No.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
03 Jun 08

Update:

They need to at least start posting 3(b) removals again. That way people will know if a complaint is acted on.

FL

Moves
03 Jun 08

Update:

Which Game Mod is no longer a Game Mod, and why?

I don't understand why Russ and Chris are allowing the current situation to carry on in such an unsatisfactory manner. I can only assume that the Arrakis affair is taking up all their thoughts.

m
Dosadi Survivor

Chicago

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
Which Game Mod is no longer a Game Mod, and why?

I don't understand why Russ and Chris are allowing the current situation to carry on in such an unsatisfactory manner. I can only assume that the Arrakis affair is taking up all their thoughts.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php

Looks like Phlabbit has left the team.

i

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by misterrigel
http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/volunteers.php

Looks like Phlabbit has left the team.
or did the team leave him?

d

Moves
04 Jun 08

Update:

No. It is, in large part, the reason why I have allowed my subscription to lapse.

I can't see the point of playing in tournaments/clan leagues (as a subscription would allow) when I have no confidence that cheats will be rooted out and kicked off.

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by davidmacc
I can't see the point of playing in tournaments/clan leagues (as a subscription would allow) when I have no confidence that cheats will be rooted out and kicked off.
That's the reason I enter very few tournaments these days. I'm tired of finding out a couple of months later the guy who won was a cheat. It seems like you can't even enter a banded tournament anymore without someone suddenly skyrocketing up to a 2000+ rating by the time the thing is over.

Clan games on the other hand, I've found are mostly reliable and so that is what I play more than anything else.

As far as the mods being inactive, I'm not happy about it or the banned list being removed. I know you can't completely eliminate the problem but it is at least somewhat satisfying when occasionally a cheat gets removed before a tournament ends.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Get no1marauder on the moderation team and let the bodies hit the floor.

d

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by Ullr
... Clan games on the other hand, I've found are mostly reliable and so that is what I play more than anything else...
I agree that normal clan challenge games seem to be reliable. I was referring specifically to clan leagues - I played in a clan league a while back where the top 3 (out of 6) players in the winning team were banned during that league season!