1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 09:351 edit
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Who do you understand, then? To me Kasparov's play is crystal-clear.

I've always wanted to play like Karpov, but his style is something I don't understand.
    As i have stated Fischers play was the easiest to comprehend. The little computer has
    a function where you can guess the grandmasters move, i regularly was getting 60%
    with Fischers move and about half that or even less with Karpovs and Kasparovs.
    Perhaps it was due to Fischers rather narrow opening repertoire, but still. Karpov was
    and remains the hardest to understand.
  2. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 09:50
    Or maybe mrs tyson just hadnt cooked mike,s tea that night, an he was feeling hungary
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 11:20
    Originally posted by steve45
    Or maybe mrs tyson just hadnt cooked mike,s tea that night, an he was feeling hungary
    ok. . . . . . .
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 11:35
    Originally posted by steve45
    Hi friends. Just wondering if anyone knows what gary kasparov up to these days. Is he still active in his russian politics. And does he still play any competitive chess.
    Based on all the junk chain emails he keeps forwarding to me, I'd say he needs something in his life to keep himself busy.

The kitten and puppy pictures are getting old.
  5. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 13:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    To promote boxing matches in the USA to bring in more money the boxers always seem to hate the other guy for some reason or another. It seems to make for a more interesting fight, like Mike Tyson biting a chunck out of Holyfield's ear.
    Exactly. If the opponents loathe each other it might make for more fighting chess as well. Less draws. In my correspondence games I find it hard to play someone I like. It reduces my killer instincts, expecially if I play them over and over.

If Boris Gelfand had bit off part of Vishy's ear during their world champ match he would be going too far obviously...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree