1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 09:30
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I play the KG, Dragon, and Grunfeld.

What about my warped view?
    You should know by now that once your rating reaches 1600 you actually find you don't know anything about chess anymore. The RL is potentially far more exciting that the GP but you cannot explain that to someone with preconceived notions.

We similarly have warped views on resignations and draws by doing things such as repeat the position 3 times in a "lost" game or actually resigning if we are K & Q vs K because it might be depressing to play on when you can see a mate in 5 (for your opponent).

Also sometimes of course you take a strategic draw to get through to the next round of a tournament but that is too complex.
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 09:44
    As far as I'm concerned there's only one 4th move for white in the Italian game & it's b4😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 22:03
    I had assumed it was a given that all chess players, are warped, and some of us more so than others 🙂
  4. Standard memberLordofADown
    King of all Hills
    Connecticut
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 22:16
    awww i was just joking around about all that warped view stuff. We're all unique, like snowflakes 😉
  5. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 22:30
    Against a good player, the Ruy Lopez has a much more dynamic middlegame.

If you say an open game is more exciting you must hate the pawns... if you nurture your pawns they can become the most valuable pieces! 😀
  6. Argentina
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 23:03
    Don't forget the Scotch. In any of its variations. Best opening for me, after the RL, in terms of results. It allows you to play a really open game or a positional one, see Botteril/Harding book on it (Batsford Eds.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree