ha! i accepted my opp's draw offer in this gam...

ha! i accepted my opp's draw offer in this gam...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
19 Oct 06

Originally posted by Fat Lady
After Qf6+ Kg8 it's very clear that White has to take the draw. Black has a threat or two of his own!
well he can always play Qe6+ and go back to the same position. he should at least try Qf6

SS

Moves
19 Oct 06
1 edit

a

Moves
19 Oct 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Why not just try Qe5+ ? But seriously you can't expect everyone to be at the same level and have a go at them for not spotting quite advanced tactics, a couple of years back before I started playing I probably would not have seen the win and with black's mate in one threat would have accepted the draw as well .
i'm not expecting advanced tactics i'm saying at least play Qf6 and look at the position again. it might have helped him figure out Qe5
and the draw was not going anywhere. here didn't even TRY and thats my point.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
19 Oct 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
Why not just try Qe5+ ? But seriously you can't expect everyone to be at the same level and have a go at them for not spotting quite advanced tactics, a couple of years back before I started playing I probably would not have seen the win and with black's mate in one threat would have accepted the draw as well .
could very well be. but now, the position reeks of a forced mate, and in CC I would take as long as it takes to find it... well, actually I would make a point of finding the fastest mate, just in case my opponent would try to drag the game...