Help

Standard memberivan2908
Only Chess 18 Apr '07 16:19
  1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 16:191 edit
    This year it was tough for me, I had a lot of music competitions and last month I couldn't dedicate to chess due to hard work. I fell that I am not in that good shape like I was when I played at least at 1600 RHP level (see my second big upward part of the graph). Now, after hard work I will rest for about a month without much to do so I am interested in intense chess training (3 hours every day studying,1, 2 hours playing otb games with my friends from elo approx. 1200 to elo 1900)

My question it is possible to gain new abilities and knowledge worthing 200 new points, I mean is it possible to improve 200 points in one month of intense training.

My plan: 2 hours daily of Logical chess, after I finish him, then Amateurs mind
    1 hours of reading good tactical book and solving problems
    2 hours of playing on rhp and otb daily

Please tell me:

1. Can I improve my plan? How?
    2. Is it possible ?!?!

My friend, who is 1900 fide told me that I play probably around 1450 OTB. I would like to be 1650 within a month or two.

Thanks for helping
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 16:50
    im a 1626 otb and its taken me a few years to get there,but i dont think intense study for 1 month is enough i think atleast a year you will improve.i play otb and players make different moves to what i have studied and has made me play different
  3. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 17:391 edit
    Yes but I am quite good at tactics, and when I first red some chapters of amateurs mind, started to analyze position sistematically following the book advices I suddenly jumped almost 200 points here within 3 weeks, because my approach changed, I started to play with right principles and plans, but after that I didn't have time to study more, and I forgot some information, returning to my old sistem of thinking... Maybe it's possible, at least I hope that it is.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 18:042 edits
    I have just seen one of your games where you have made an unforced error. I would think if you can avoid dropping pieces or pawns and spend more time thinking per move you can improve for sure. Game 3414095

See Thread 67041
  5. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 19:11
    I was dragged into fast play.That was terrible blunder of mine 🙂
    I hate when I can't resist temptation to play fast. That is because our computer administrator on the college disabled java and anithing with surface like jin to play on fics. So on rhp sometimes I make very fast, almost random moves, because this is only net place to play chess for me now.

That is what keeps my rating so low. When I play concentrated I don't have problems with opponents below 1600 on this site.

Anyway, I was reffering to my otb strength.
  6. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 19:11
    I was dragged into fast play.That was terrible blunder of mine 🙂
    I hate when I can't resist temptation to play fast. That is because our computer administrator on the college disabled java and anithing with surface like jin to play on fics. So on rhp sometimes I make very fast, almost random moves, because this is only net place to play chess for me now.

That is what keeps my rating so low. When I play concentrated I don't have problems with opponents below 1600 on this site.

Anyway, I was reffering to my otb strength.
  7. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Apr '07 19:112 edits
    I didn't want to post that twice 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree