Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 03 May '06 22:02 / 1 edit
    Let me count the ways.

I almost put this in puzzles to make a game out of counting all the terrible moves both my opponent and I made.

I am just starting to learn the lines of the French.
    Accordingly this was a very sloppy game on my part.
    Fortunately for me it was for my opponent as well.

So I offer this to all the beginner players of what not to do.
    Game 2039164
  2. 03 May '06 22:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bishopcrw
    I am just starting to learn the lines of the French.
    Clearly. That's not a French.
  3. 03 May '06 23:05
    Yeah,
    I was trying to back into the winawer.
  4. 03 May '06 23:34
    And i got to the e4 d5 part, granted they were reversed ( minor technicality right ).
    But the B was blocked with his pushed pawn.
  5. 04 May '06 06:50 / 1 edit
    Yeah,
    I was trying to back into the winawer.
    Be very careful when transposing into a different line. Sometime you will get stuck with some thing you weren't expecting.

Quoted from Starting out the Sicilian.
  6. 04 May '06 15:18
    Game 2041656

Okay so here is a better example of my winawer.
    However it is not quite a Blunderful as the first game which was more the intent of the thread.

Although from a strategic stand point the fact that half of my pieces weren't developed demonstrates quite a weakness both for me and my opponent.
  7. 04 May '06 16:03
    "How do I blunder?".......I guess I misunderstood; I was going to give some of the techniques I use to blunder, but I guess that's not what you are asking.
  8. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    04 May '06 19:16
    Game 2041656

Okay so here is a better example of my winawer.
    However it is not quite a Blunderful as the first game which was more the intent of the thread.

Although from a strategic stand point the fact that half of my pieces weren't developed demonstrates quite a weakness both for me and my opponent.
    For the winawer i think whites has to play the e5 mate and he didnt i think you just played the french oppening though..
  9. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    04 May '06 19:39
    Originally posted by smiffy
    For the winawer i think whites has to play the e5 mate and he didnt i think you just played the french oppening though..
    It's still the Winawer if white omits e5. It's just that 4. e5 is a much better continuation. MCO gives 4. Nge2, 4. a3, 4. Bd2, 4. Qg4 and 4. exd5 as possible moves.