1. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 05:52
    I just had a game against an opponent finish, so I started a new game, but 3 ply through the game my original opponent decided that he wanted a rematch. We had considered this earlier in the game, but came to no conclusion therefore I created my game. Hence the person deciding on a rematch I chose to resign on the new game I accepted, thinking that I would simply explain my situation to my opponent. I resigned and now I am told that I go down 20 points for resigning 3 ply into the game. HOW is this possible? Only 1.5 moves into the game should not count towards ratings. If this does I see no reason why opponents who choose to accept a game of yours, then suddenly cancel it shouldn't be penalized. This is idiotic.
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 06:35
    If you were only 3 ply into the game, why didn't you delete it? This would not have affected your rating.
  3. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 08:49
    Originally posted by BLReid
    If you were only 3 ply into the game, why didn't you delete it? This would not have affected your rating.
    Exactly. Deleted games don't count. Resigned games always do.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 09:26
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Exactly. Deleted games don't count. Resigned games always do.
    Umm no they don't. I was in a tournament group where Akizy resigned every game without moving (for overload reasons I guess). Tournament games cannot be deleted. His rating did not plummet (as it would if he were to resign 12 games that counted at once).
  5. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 10:11
    maybe there is a diffrence between resigning after 0 moves or after 1?
    or just an exception for tournament games.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 11:16
    Originally posted by prosoccer
    I just had a game against an opponent finish, so I started a new game, but 3 ply through the game my original opponent decided that he wanted a rematch. We had considered this earlier in the game, but came to no conclusion therefore I created my game. Hence the person deciding on a rematch I chose to resign on the new game I accepted, thinking that I would ...[text shortened]... ose to accept a game of yours, then suddenly cancel it shouldn't be penalized. This is idiotic.
    of course resigning counts as a loss. Admitting failure before a piece i taken
  7. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Umm no they don't. I was in a tournament group where Akizy resigned every game without moving (for overload reasons I guess). Tournament games cannot be deleted. His rating did not plummet (as it would if he were to resign 12 games that counted at once).
    I second-guessed the 'always' soon after writing it.

But we can agree that Deleting is the better option while it's available.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree