1. Fågelsången
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 06:13
    Originally posted by Mark Adkins
    My apologies for any confusion this might have entailed.
    Oh, I found it quite funny. German is a fine language. I wish I had forgotten it faster (or was it the other way around?).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 16:27
    Dont lie, you're clearly a woman.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    the title means that IN THE SHOW everbody loves raymond 🙂 not everyone loves the show and WOOT! WOOT! is like saying yipee or woo hoo.
    I'm not sure that anybody in the show loves Raymond. Certainly his brother (the one with the Bowser-like bass voice) doesn't. Nor does his father (or father-in-law -- played by the fellow who starred as the monster in Young Frankenstein, Peter Boyle). His wife doesn't seem too keen on him either, for that matter.

Incidentally, I had a bit of a crush on one of the two actresses who played his wife. Don't know the actress' name. I rather fancy it was the more petite of the two. I can't seem to find any record of her now on Google. It wasn't Patricia Heaton.

It may sound as if I actually watched this program, but I didn't. The only thing worse, in my opinion, on American television in recent years is Home Improvement with Tim Allen (the scoundrelly cocaine dealer cum bourgeois Everyman). Almost makes one long for Stalinism. Which is worse: big pictures of Stalin everywhere, or The Santa Clause movies? A real poser...

As for "WOOT! WOOT!" I don't know which planet you come from but I'm sure that Doctor Zaius would approve.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 20:341 edit
    Oh yeah...and Americans didn't come up with woot woot anyways that was England with their rugby
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 21:08
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Oh yeah...and Americans didn't come up with woot woot anyways that was England with their rugby
    The English may have invented rugby but if the crude expostulation in question did indeed originate in the Commonwealth (doubtful) I'd bet the Australians are guilty.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 00:13
    As for "WOOT! WOOT!" I don't know which planet you come from but I'm sure that Doctor Zaius would approve.
    Dr. Zaius, though himself an ape, was appalled by crude, gorilla behavior, so I don't think that he would have approved.
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 00:52
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    Dr. Zaius, though himself an ape, was appalled by crude, gorilla behavior, so I don't think that he would have approved.
    He approved of it in humans. There was that little matter of vivisection...
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 08:43
    my best chess site is www.chesscube.com
    to me it has so far the best web-based interface which makes it so much easier to play.
    i enjoy playing there. and the site populates real fast so for me i would rate it number 1
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 08:59
    Originally posted by aziz
    my best chess site is www.chesscube.com
    to me it has so far the best web-based interface which makes it so much easier to play.
    i enjoy playing there. and the site populates real fast so for me i would rate it number 1
    Stop trawlling through the forums advertising your web site which, incidently, populates really slow and has hardly any members, none of consequence.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Stop trawlling through the forums advertising your web site which, incidently, populates really slow and has hardly any members, none of consequence.
    a good but buggy(for real time chess... unless you have FF instead IE) is chesshere.com

p.s. Not as good as this site though 😀
  11. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 00:52
    Perhaps this warrants some explanation for our foreign friends.

Here in America audiences, especially males in the audience, have developed an inexplicably crude and ape-like manner of expressing their approval: instead of clapping or cheering in the traditional fashion, they pump their fists in the air and shout "WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!" again and again. ...[text shortened]... by my normal writing voice.

My apologies for any confusion this might have entailed.
    Internet translation applications have clearly improved in recent times, but to be pedantic "ich liebe Raymond nicht" is a more natural way of saying it in German, unless you're about to tell us who you really love!
  12. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 02:201 edit
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    Internet translation applications have clearly improved in recent times, but to be pedantic "ich liebe Raymond nicht" is a more natural way of saying it in German, unless you're about to tell us who you really love!
    If you say so, old chap -- I really wouldn't know.

P.S. My only name is the Scroobious Pip.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree