Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 07 Jan '07 16:30
    I recently took the ratings exam on Chessmaster 10, it divides in several aspects of the game, til now I have taken:

    Checkmate 1310
    Opening shots 1478
    Tactics 1387
    Mistakes 1187
    Endings 1 1425
    Endings 2 1390

    With an averaga of 1362

    I am still missing 4 more tests but till now I have realizaed that some positions wich I thougt I had under control, I really didnt, and I will study this positions again in order to dominate them.

    I recomend this test to anybody below 1500 here and would like to check resuls with some of you to compare them to your rating here on RHP, to check the acuracy with both ratings, I am sure you will find it very usefull as I did.

    I am unwothy, no wonder I am 1400, now I fully understand it, and will work on it to be better!!!!!
  2. 07 Jan '07 17:12
    I found that test ridiculous as a ratings exam.
  3. 07 Jan '07 19:08
    Originally posted by Superman
    I recently took the ratings exam on Chessmaster 10, it divides in several aspects of the game, til now I have taken:

    Checkmate 1310
    Opening shots 1478
    Tactics 1387
    Mistakes 1187
    Endings 1 1425
    Endings 2 1390

    With an averaga of 1362

    I am still missing 4 more tests but till now ...[text shortened]... m unwothy, no wonder I am 1400, now I fully understand it, and will work on it to be better!!!!!
    yeah the test is weird...

    here's my result, I only took 3 exams

    Endings II 1568
    Strategy II 1614
    Strategy III 1527

    i do better when i play a realistic game rather than puzzles...
  4. 07 Jan '07 20:30
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    yeah the test is weird...

    here's my result, I only took 3 exams

    Endings II 1568
    Strategy II 1614
    Strategy III 1527

    i do better when i play a realistic game rather than puzzles...
    How about your openings?
  5. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jan '07 22:48 / 2 edits
    Pandolfini is unworthy, too! I was stumped on this problem, so I plugged it into Fritz to see the solution:



    He gives 1.f4! a5 2.fxg5? a4 3.Kg3 a3 4.Kh4 a2 5.g3, with a draw by stalemate. However, White has 2.h4! and he can promote a pawn with check on the g-file. He emerges with a pawn or two ahead, and thus has all the winning chances.
  6. 07 Jan '07 23:11
    Originally posted by krim
    I found that test ridiculous as a ratings exam.
    Maybe as a rating exam it is, but it helps you know about some basic aspects of the game that you should master and you dont, I found that I thougt I could solve some easy problems yet I could not
  7. 07 Jan '07 23:37
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    How about your openings?
    good enough to not to lose to a 1400
  8. 08 Jan '07 01:08
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    good enough to not to lose to a 1400
    I didn't lose to one either...
  9. 08 Jan '07 02:47
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I didn't lose to one either...
    good for you then
  10. 08 Jan '07 04:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I didn't lose to one either...
    Seems that in this game you did:

    Game 2867961
  11. 08 Jan '07 04:26
    Originally posted by Superman
    Seems that in this game you did:

    Game 2867961
    Nice find.
  12. 08 Jan '07 04:33
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    good enough to not to lose to a 1400
    Seems that you did too:

    Game 2912214
  13. Standard member Diet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    08 Jan '07 05:04
    Originally posted by Superman
    Seems that in this game you did:

    Game 2867961
    Since it wasn't a proper game I don't see how this counts.
  14. 08 Jan '07 05:29
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's exactly what you're doing.
  15. 08 Jan '07 15:55
    Originally posted by Diet Coke
    Since it wasn't a proper game I don't see how this counts.
    Proper game???