1. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 01:09
    Originally posted by Spacetime
    I exclusively play e5, and what I recommend is to develop a repertoire around the Zaitsev or Marshall attack. Play the Marshall attack if they allow it, and if not fall back into the Zaitsev like lines.

The Marshall attack really causes a lot of problems for white I'm finding. White really has to play very accurately all the way to the bitter end if h ...[text shortened]... in because white was the slightest bit careless...

Game 2444972

Game 2420254
    8. a4!!
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 01:11
    Originally posted by aenrko
    6. ... 0-0? 7. Bxc6 followed by Nxe5 and black looks retarded.
    Ok, I said "My line may be sketchy" and "I don't actually play the Ruy Lopez", so I figured something would be wrong there. I was trying to remember the mainline (and I'm too lazy to look it up) and obviously I forgot it. If he had asked for a defense against a proper opening, like the King's Gambit, I could have helped.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 01:20
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Ok, I said "My line may be sketchy" and "I don't actually play the Ruy Lopez", so I figured something would be wrong there. I was trying to remember the mainline (and I'm too lazy to look it up) and obviously I forgot it. If he had asked for a defense against a proper opening, like the King's Gambit, I could have helped.
    Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like an attack on you; I was just correcting your line. 6. ... b5 is practically forced.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '06 01:21
    Originally posted by aenrko
    Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like an attack on you; I was just correcting your line. 6. ... b5 is practically forced.
    Yeah no problem, thanks for informing me though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree