I need a mentor

I need a mentor

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS

Under Cover

Moves
13 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by pawn111
im not special, I just seem to be the only one asking for it
You haven't been around long enough to know what you are talking about. Some time ago there was actually an effort to pair players up as mentors/mentees. It was a great idea, but unfortunately a number of the stronger players left just before the game mods came into existence (hmm...). There are a number of strong players here who are willing to help the rest of us improve, but as has been mentioned, you gotta pay your dues (time invested, and it helps to get a membership). I had a membership, don't have one now, will again someday, and won't explain why to you. Be patient and don't get so touchy when people have a little fun with you.

J

back in business

Moves
13 Dec 05

I can teach you a lesson. I am OTB 1900-rated very creative and tactical young player.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
13 Dec 05

Originally posted by trallphaz
i dont think tutalage is a word an that was a pretty dorky sentence
You're right, 'tutalage' isn't a word, and you misquoted him because he said, 'tutulage'. The word that you're both searching for is tutelage.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
13 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by trallphaz
i dont think tutalage is a word an that was a pretty dorky sentence
Edit: Double post šŸ˜³

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
13 Dec 05

im not special, I just seem to be the only one asking for it
With posts like your earlier one, you're asking for it alright...

Hinesville, GA

Moves
13 Dec 05

alright here fokes i meant online and for free, you know for the love of the game, out of your hearts
I will do it! Out of the goodness of my heart. I'll show you how to rapidly improve! I could only take you to the Class-A or B level though. If you want to get to Master, you'll have to change coaches after that. lol But, what I'm going to show you will make you realize something I realized: you have to basically make a regimen to become strong. It's just like any other sport or activity. You have to work out mentally with tactics, and endgame, and slowly build your strength. After you get to 1800, you'll say, "What did I do all that for? There's no one to play a decent game of chess in my whole city." Then, you'll only play in sanctioned tournaments, and then you'll be waiting months at a time to find a good tournament to play in where you can meet some other 1800 players. That's the way it goes. Even if you get to 1500 USCF or CCF strength, you're usually to strong for most every normal casual player who just plays for fun. lol

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
13 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wildfire
You're right, 'tutalage' isn't a word, and you misquoted him because he said, 'tutulage'. The word that you're both searching for is tutelage.
Correct, correct, correct. Correct.

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
13 Dec 05
2 edits

Originally posted by powershaker
I will do it! Out of the goodness of my heart. I'll show you how to rapidly improve! I could only take you to the Class-A or B level though. If you want to get to Master, you'll have to change coaches after that. lol But, what I'm going to show you will make you realize something I realized: you have to basically make a regimen to become strong. ...[text shortened]... ength, you're usually to strong for most every normal casual player who just plays for fun. lol
Are you joking,right?

How can you get him to class A level of play if you're rated

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
13 Dec 05
1 edit

For not talking about the fact that in the thread "How to improve",in this forum, you say: "I searched for nearly 20 years for the path to being a better player, and not just better, but beyond 1500. It took me two decades to discover the answer."

Pawn111 needs a lot of spare time then.......

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
14 Dec 05

Well, he ended up with 3 players willing to help him. That's not bad. By the way, I recommend this site to players who want lessons for free:

http://www.entertainmentjourney.com/index1.htm

It's the best site I've ever come across to help you improve your chess.

a

Behind You!

Moves
14 Dec 05
3 edits

OK, and now a request for myself:
I need a Sponcer?
where can I find one?

I want to play chess full time, I'm rated about 1100-1200 OTB.
Can anyone sponcer me so I can dedicate myself to playing chess (and surfing the Internet ofcourse).

I need about 2,000$ per month... thats all!, c'mon guys dont be cheap!

P.S.
If you sponcer me I'm willing to wear a T-shirt with your name & I will think good thoughts about you...

Thanks in advance.

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
14 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by arrakis
http://www.entertainmentjourney.com/index1.htm

It's the best site I've ever come across to help you improve your chess.
'The key to chess improvement is pattern recognition.'

What I've been saying all along, and the simple idea behind my lessons.

'Beginner...Learn the Rules.'

And this.

s
Albert King is God

Mexico City

Moves
15 Dec 05

Originally posted by amir1
OK, and now a request for myself:
I need a Sponcer?
where can I find one?

I want to play chess full time, I'm rated about 1100-1200 OTB.
Can anyone sponcer me so I can dedicate myself to playing chess (and surfing the Internet ofcourse).

I need about 2,000$ per month... thats all!, c'mon guys dont be cheap!

P.S.
If you sponcer me I'm willing to wear a T-shirt with your name & I will think good thoughts about you...

Thanks in advance.
I'll sponcer you too lern too spel proply.