1. Joined
    04 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 18:55
    And by the way- of course I expect to be judged as well.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 19:261 edit
    Most of the players that complain about Fischer's attitude are doing so with the same attitude toward Fischer. Fischer had problems.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 22:50
    Originally posted by wormwood
    fischer had all his life to stop being a crazy antisemite jerk. he blew it, and went to grave thinking he was actually right about all that crap. a despicable person.

fortunately for him, there are a lot of people who are willing to ignore all that just because he was good at a board game.
    he was not anti semetic, he was anti jewish, he had nothing against the arabs who were/are also semites, from the biblical Shem.

one must seek to ask the question why this was the case, as there must have been grounds for his abhorrence of Jews in general, other than attributing it to a sickness, although, this is highly feasible.

furthermore as you never met the man, nor conversed with him on the subject you have no idea whatsoever what contributed to his condition, do you? that he was a man of integrity and honesty cannot be denied considering that he would not endorse products that he would not use, nor sell himself out for what was unacceptable to him, something that his predecessors had no trouble with!

hes a hero and will remain such for many, regardless of the slander and misrepresentation which plagued him not only in his own lifetime, but which apparently still exists!
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 00:46
    Originally posted by searcy1977
    Could morality exist without judgement?
    Morality has to do with judging yourself which most people neglect to do, hence the quote. Morality has nothing to do with judging others because whether or not they do something bad based on your values might not be bad to them based on theirs. If someone commits a "wrong" but does not know or think they committed a "wrong" then it is not immoral.
  5. Standard membercasualdust
    Long Island Girl
    Long Island, natural
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 02:08
    Yes, he was a one of a kind in the chess world no doubt, but was still a piece a dirt, that he was. He praised 9/11. I just hope he's in hell. Charlotta
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 04:15
    Originally posted by casualdust
    Yes, he was a one of a kind in the chess world no doubt, but was still a piece a dirt, that he was. He praised 9/11. I just hope he's in hell. Charlotta
    When someone is mentally ill and they kill someone, they don't get the death penalty, they get put in a mental hospital(at least till they get better, THEN they kill him🙂 but there is no denying Fischer was mentally ill.
    His anti-Jewish stance was strange considering he was 100% Jewish, he thought himself only 50% Jewish but it was found out later the man he thought his father was not, but was in fact a Jew.
    He may have gotten on the anti-Jew thing as a result of meeting and playing Sammy Reshevsky, another prodigy, they (to put it mildly) did not get along well. I think his anti-jewish stance started from those meetings.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 09:101 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    When someone is mentally ill and they kill someone, they don't get the death penalty, they get put in a mental hospital(at least till they get better, THEN they kill him🙂 but there is no denying Fischer was mentally ill.
    His anti-Jewish stance was strange considering he was 100% Jewish, he thought himself only 50% Jewish but it was found out later the ma ...[text shortened]... it mildly) did not get along well. I think his anti-jewish stance started from those meetings.
    his parents were Jewish, he himself was not, infact he was not even circumcised, and yes it does seem interesting, although i do not think it was entirely Reshevsky, but those who put up the money and called the shots, the organizers who were also Jewish that really got on his nerves!

hes immortal and was just too honest for most people!
  8. Standard membercasualdust
    Long Island Girl
    Long Island, natural
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 17:22
    I still hope hes losing chess games in hell. Charlotta
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 17:34
    I still hope hes losing chess games in hell. Charlotta
    actually hes at peace from the likes of you, get over it!
  10. Standard membercasualdust
    Long Island Girl
    Long Island, natural
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually hes at peace from the likes of you, get over it!
    And you, especially. Charlotta
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 22:38
    And you, especially. Charlotta
    i will never get over it, the man was a genius, alas i am doomed to perpetual mediocrity myself, weep for me Charlotte, it is more than one man can bear, weep, wail, sniffle, sniff. 😀
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 22:40
    i will never get over it, the man was a genius, alas i am doomed to perpetual mediocrity myself, weep for me Charlotte, it is more than one man can bear, weep, wail, sniffle, sniff. 😀
    I take, since I haven't heard anything, that I am not allowed back in the club. 😞
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 22:45
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I take, since I haven't heard anything, that I am not allowed back in the club. 😞
    no, i don't think so, he said something like seventy two hours and as far as i can determine, he seemed quite positive, i don't think your probationary period is up yet, or rather the time left for voting has expired, but if it is mail him, hes a reasonable guy!
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 23:05
    no, i don't think so, he said something like seventy two hours and as far as i can determine, he seemed quite positive, i don't think your probationary period is up yet, or rather the time left for voting has expired, but if it is mail him, hes a reasonable guy!
    Maybe I did miscount the days but I think the weekend was two for sure... I'll wait a couple more days.
  15. Standard membercasualdust
    Long Island Girl
    Long Island, natural
    Moves
    20 Oct '08 23:14
    So he was a genius. Granted, if that makes you feel any better. He was actually happy 2700 innocent people died at the WTC, NY. The "genius" was actually happy!!! He said that in public! If this is the kinda man you adore, I truly truly truly sympathize, weep, and wail for you, I truly do, Mr. Carroble. Charlotte

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree