I should be banned

I should be banned

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
01 Jan 07

from saving notes to my notes folder. That must be the fourth occasion I've posted my notes about the position to the message box for my opponent to read.

z

Moves
01 Jan 07

Why don't you use notepad on your pc rather than the notepad here? That way you don't have to log in each time you want to remember your position.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
01 Jan 07
1 edit

Of course that is one option - but I tend to make only sketchy notes until the game is completed, and it's naturally much easier to keep a track using the notepad that's provided. The funny thing is, on at least one occasion my sent notes still led to a win, and on the only occasion I can remember my opponent making the same mistake (he announced "Fork!" one move early) I still blundered into the trap...maybe I should start sending bad analysis masquerading as good analysis by "mistake" to my opponents 😉

z

Moves
01 Jan 07

It is not ethical to send messages about the game particularly when you are still to make those moves. I once played a very funny opponent here who would send funny comments, and send reminders for me to move even though I had not used up the timebank. Although he lost the game, the energy spent in those theatrics could have been better spent on analysing the game.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by z00t
It is not ethical to send messages about the game particularly when you are still to make those moves. I once played a very funny opponent here who would send funny comments, and send reminders for me to move even though I had not used up the timebank. Although he lost the game, the energy spent in those theatrics could have been better spent on analysing the game.
Absolutely, but in his defence it was exactly the same mistake I've been making - he'd posted his commentary to his message box instead of his notation box!

z

Moves
01 Jan 07

Does the notepad facility work for each move (like the message opponent) or it remembers all the notes for the whole game?

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
01 Jan 07

It has text limitation so it's no good for extensive analysis, but it saves for as long as you need it - usually I just use it for brief reminders about my opponent's threat rather than my own, but it's handy if you don't blunder with it like I just did 😉

F

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by z00t
Does the notepad facility work for each move (like the message opponent) or it remembers all the notes for the whole game?
It saves only what you can see, nothing more. I don't even think it saves anything along with the game when the game is finished.

I would like to have all notes saved, the way as the in-game messages are

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
01 Jan 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
It saves only what you can see, nothing more. I don't even think it saves anything along with the game when the game is finished.

I would like to have all notes saved, the way as the in-game messages are
Don't worry, it does - in fact, not only are your notes saved, you can go back to your completed games and amend or delete your saved notes there based on new analysis.

Moves
01 Jan 07

When my opponents do that, I usually reply with a polite, "Thank-you for the tips, I'll take them under consideration." 🙂

m

Moves
02 Jan 07

Originally posted by Amaurote
...maybe I should start sending bad analysis masquerading as good analysis by "mistake" to my opponents 😉
I actually did that once in a postal game against a lower rated opponent. He had me pretty well beaten so when I saw a winning combination for him I sent him three “if” moves that avoided it which he accepted and I went on to win. I still feel a little guilty about it though.

p

Moves
03 Jan 07

Originally posted by masscat
I actually did that once in a postal game against a lower rated opponent. He had me pretty well beaten so when I saw a winning combination for him I sent him three “if” moves that avoided it which he accepted and I went on to win. I still feel a little guilty about it though.
If i understand right, sounds a bit cruel.

King of all Hills

Connecticut

Moves
03 Jan 07

Originally posted by masscat
that's terrible

DI
I Love U

LaLa Land

Moves
03 Jan 07

Alright ur banned

b

Hainesport, NJ, USA

Moves
04 Jan 07

I've done that. I once wrote a note (i thought) to myself to check a game in a particular database next time around. Turned out i had messaged my opponent and he construed it as a cheating accusation, but it was all straightened out at the end.