1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 12:41
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    Bold is the way it came, so bold is what's there! 😛
    What I said is true, paying subs doesn't mean we can say how Russ runs his business.If you re-read your post, to which I replied, you will see the connection - I didn't think it was too difficult.

I'm happy with the service here. The 2007 Championship award will either be awarded or not - to anyone. ...[text shortened]... appreciate it is your ex clan leader that is involved and therefore you want an answer. 🙂
    But a paying sub has either
    a) Won the title & not been awarded it after all his many hours of hard work & many months of investigation by Games Mods.
    or
    b) Another paying sub has been cheated out of the title which he should have won having come 2nd to another member who should have been banned by now.

Hardly top-notch service considering the yearly championships is the biggest tournament on the site & tournaments are touted as one of the big pluses of subscription!
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 12:461 edit
    I agree with you squelchy 🙂......Time for people to pull their fingers out i think.
  3. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 12:58
    I think that whichever way the decision goes on the cludi issue, there could be dramatic and not particularly beneficial consequences for RHP. So I suppose I can understand the temptation to fudge and procrastinate. I certainly know my own mind on the issue, but of course there are limitations on what we may say here. (For the record I didn't participate myself in that tournament.)
  4. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:11
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    a) Won the title & not been awarded it after all his many hours of hard work & many months of investigation by Games Mods.
    or
    b) Another paying sub has been cheated out of the title which he should have won having come 2nd to another member who should have been banned by now.

Hardly top-notch service considering the yea ...[text shortened]... iggest tournament on the site & tournaments are touted as one of the big pluses of subscription!
    I have actually thought about the a's and b's of your post.
    I wouldn't like to make any assumptions on what is happening with any investigation. But, if there is an ongoing one, I would imagine that no comments can be made about it until there is a clear result.
    There have been a few threads and lots of posts on this subject, why do you think Russ isn't saying anything? Would it not be easier for Russ to say the 2007 had no clear winner and will not be awarded to any player?
  5. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:17
    How many games would be affected if the 'winner' of a tournament that size was found to be an engine user, and then others discovered too? 😕

I too have my own opinion on who it should be awarded to and who should be banned. 🙂
  6. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:20
    Bold is the way it came, so bold is what's there! 😛
    What I said is true, paying subs doesn't mean we can say how Russ runs his business.If you re-read your post, to which I replied, you will see the connection - I didn't think it was too difficult.

I'm happy with the service here. The 2007 Championship award will either be awarded or not - to anyone. ...[text shortened]... appreciate it is your ex clan leader that is involved and therefore you want an answer. 🙂
    Oh my... I've been outed as a Vikings member. Did your little heart skip a beat when your detective work bore fruit ? Being in the Vikings makes me more aware of the the person involved yes... and yes I am interested to find out whether or not he was found guilty of engine abuse... why shouldn't I be ? A quick scour of the forums reveals there are more prominent members of RHP than I who are not in the Vikings who would like to see the situation resolved one way or the other. I don't have to read my post since funnily enough I know exactly what I wrote.
  7. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Oh my... I've been outed as a Vikings member. Did your little heart skip a beat when your detective work bore fruit ? Being in the Vikings makes me more aware of the the person involved yes... and yes I am interested to find out whether or not he was found guilty of engine abuse... why shouldn't I be ? A quick scour of the forums reveals there are more pr ...[text shortened]... or the other. I don't have to read my post since funnily enough I know exactly what I wrote.
    Why are you being so defensive? I'm not attacking you. 😕

EDIT: Let me tell you how I saw that you were in the Vikings clan.
    Your profile name - unusual, so I looked at your profile, wondering which country you were from etc. No detective work involved, it was just there where you left it. I've looked at lots of profiles on RHP, so I haven't singled you out at all. I saw that you were in the Vikings clan and as I said, I can understand your wanting a result on the issue.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:37
    or

Hardly top-notch service considering the yea ...[text shortened]... iggest tournament on the site & tournaments are touted as one of the big pluses of subscription!
    I'd award Cludi an iron boot to his Viking hat.

Since he decided to quit the site in the midst of the controversy (one which virtually paralyzed Game Mod activity for almost 6 months to the great detriment of the site), he doesn't deserve anything. And the present "secret" Game Mods' time would be more fruitfully spent on investigating the many blatant and obvious cheaters still here than on rehashing the past. It's quite obvious the Site Admins have decided to "let sleeping dogs" lie; if Cludi is so interested in claiming "his" title, he should actively rejoin the site and see what happens.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:37
    or

I don't really think that cludi would care either way to be honest.

He has left the site, I don't think he won't be coing back and whether he cheated or not, there will always be a cloud over this issue.

Given the circumstances and speculation it would appear that the best option is to declare the 2007 championship void and move on.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:47
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I don't really think that cludi would care either way to be honest.

He has left the site, I don't think he won't be coing back and whether he cheated or not, there will always be a cloud over this issue.

Given the circumstances and speculation it would appear that the best option is to declare the 2007 championship [b]void
    and move on.[/b]
    Although testing Cludi's games rather than a currently active suspected cheat might be seen as a waste of time, I think it needs to be done because (a) it has become very high profile and (b) Cludi won the most important tournament of 2007.

There were some 600 entries for the 2007 Championship. I think it would show them all some respect to either clear Cludi and award him the title or formally ban him and award it so someone else (presumably whoever ends up in first place when Cludi's games have been declared null and void).
  11. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 13:55
    Originally posted by adramforall
    ...Given the circumstances and speculation it would appear that the best option is to declare the 2007 championship [b]void and move on.[/b]
    I doubt you'd be so charitable if you were English Tal.
  12. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:22
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    There were some 600 entries for the 2007 Championship. I think it would show them all some respect to either clear Cludi and award him the title or formally ban him and award it so someone else (presumably whoever ends up in first place when Cludi's games have been declared null and void).
    What normally happens is that the banned player receives no points, but no points are reallocated. If cludi were to be banned, the championship would be awarded to English Tal.

In most cases, banning someone who has already left the site is a rather pointless exercise. In this case, however, because the 2007 Championship is in limbo, the community needs closure.

The Admins need to decide on one of two actions. a) Award it to cludi, or b) ban cludi and award it to English Tal. No further game mod investigation is required. All the information needed by the admins is available to them. They must simply make a decision and put the matter to rest.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:24
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    What normally happens is that the banned player receives no points, but no points are reallocated. If cludi were to be banned, the championship would be awarded to English Tal.

In most cases, banning someone who has already left the site is a rather pointless exercise. In this case, however, because the 2007 Championship is in limbo, the community nee ...[text shortened]... by the admins is available to them. They must simply make a decision and put the matter to rest.
    I assume that means a recommendation has been forwarded as well.
  14. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:42

EDIT: Let me tell you how I saw that you were in the Vikings clan.
    Your profile name - unusual, so I looked at your profile, wondering which country you were from etc. No detective work involved, [/b]
    You saw it in my profile ? DOH.. how could I have been so stupid as to leave it there ?
  15. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 14:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I assume that means a recommendation has been forwarded as well.
    When a case is no longer being investigated, a recommendation can be implied from whether the game mods reached a consensus finding (of guilt) on a case or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree