1. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 02:34
    Its been close to S-E-V-E-N and Tournament 1677 has still not been awarded, I think its time that David Tebb apologizes to cludi and Russ should award him this tournament because the game mods should have came to a conclusion by now, and obviously since they havent, there is not sufficient evidence.
  2. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 04:11
    I agree. The only logical result after all this time is that cludi is innocent of the cheating allegations & should therefore be awarded the 2007 Champs title.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 06:56
    What other reason can there be for failing to reach a conclusion. Either he is guilty and needs to be banned or not guilty and has won the 2007 Championship. Leaving cludi in limbo is not good for the site and the morale of the rest of us.
  4. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    the game mods should have came to a conclusion by now, and obviously since they havent, there is not sufficient evidence.
    Korch said he had been waiting more than a year for Stephane's ban. Thread 97758
    I have no evidence that anything has happened about the Cludi situation or not, so it would just be an assumption to sit out here and say he was innocent/guilty. It's all up to the admins. 🙂
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 10:13
    What? Cludi himself admitted that there was a 1 in 300 chance (or was it 1 in 900?) that he was NOT cheating. I don't think we can conclude from that that he is innocent.

Likely, his investigation was stopped and won't be picked up anymore considering he already left the site. I doubt we'll ever know the complete truth.
  6. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 21:38
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    What? Cludi himself admitted that there was a 1 in 300 chance (or was it 1 in 900?) that he was NOT cheating. I don't think we can conclude from that that he is innocent.

Likely, his investigation was stopped and won't be picked up anymore considering he already left the site. I doubt we'll ever know the complete truth.
    I think that it should be a case of innocent until proven guilty.
    I say award him the tournament. Otherwise, it makes a mockery of all those tournaments won by clivestraddle - including this one: Tournament 4392 still in progress....
  7. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 21:46
    That reminds me... I havent won a hardcore tournament for a while. I should take advantage of the purge of engine cheates to rack up a few more wins.
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 22:29
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I think that it should be a case of innocent until proven guilty.
    I say award him the tournament. Otherwise, it makes a mockery of all those tournaments won by clivestraddle - including this one: Tournament 4392 still in progress....
    two wrongs don't make a right.

and the fact that the tournament victory hasn't been awarded, tells us that the related issues have NOT been resolved yet, whatever they are.
  9. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 22:36
    Originally posted by wormwood
    two wrongs don't make a right.

and the fact that the tournament victory hasn't been awarded, tells us that the related issues have NOT been resolved yet, whatever they are.
    That's not the point.
    Cludi has not been proved guilty, so he should be awarded the win.
    Olympic medalists only get stripped of their title when they fail a drugs test. Without a ban, or any proof of cheating, then the win should be awarded - even if it is taken away later.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jul '08 22:43
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    That's not the point.
    Cludi has not been proved guilty, so he should be awarded the win.
    Olympic medalists only get stripped of their title when they fail a drugs test. Without a ban, or any proof of cheating, then the win should be awarded - even if it is taken away later.
    rhp is not olympics, a democracy, inquisition, a court of law or any other system it's been compared to. it's rhp, and the admins decide how they want to run things. clearly they think the issues related to the 2007 championships win have not been dealt with yet.
  11. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    01 Aug '08 13:563 edits
    rhp is not olympics, a democracy, inquisition, a court of law or any other system it's been compared to. it's rhp, and the admins decide how they want to run things. clearly they think the issues related to the 2007 championships win have not been dealt with yet.
    I'm still quite new to the site, and certainly, what you've said is correct. However, while RHP is not a democracy, etc., it is a community. It seems that this has been going on longer than what would be considered "reasonable."

If it is going to be dealt with, I think that it would be beneficial for the administration folks to say when this will occur. Otherwise it seems to be festering and detracting from this glorious site.

Of course there are a number of ways it could be dealt with, declare/decide that it was cheating & ban cludi, declare that the evidence is inconclusive and, given the uncertainty, award the championship, declare uncertainty and award a dual championship, etc.
  12. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 10:012 edits
    it's rhp, and the admins decide how they want to run things.
    that would be some kind of dictatorship then... which seems at odds with the business model of relying on your subscribers to keep you in power

clearly they think the issues related to the 2007 championships win have not been dealt with yet.
    they haven't made anything clear... or even cloudy... and I think as their paymasters we deserve better
  13. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 11:43
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    [b]it's rhp, and the admins decide how they want to run things.

that would be some kind of dictatorship then... which seems at odds with the business model of relying on your subscribers to keep you in power

clearly they think the issues related to the 2007 championships win have not been dealt with yet.[/b ...[text shortened]... n't made anything clear... or even cloudy... and I think as their paymasters we deserve better
    When you pay your subscription, you are paying for a few extras that non-subs can't use. That isn't the same as buying shares in a company and having rights to say how the business is run.
  14. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 12:06
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    When you pay your subscription, you are paying for a few extras that non-subs can't use. That isn't the same as buying shares in a company and having rights to say how the business is run.
    No need to post in bold... it doesn't make what you say true. Quite how you made the leap from my post to suggesting I shpuld be running the business is beyond me. We are customers.. and customers deserve good service.
  15. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    03 Aug '08 12:25
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    No need to post in bold... it doesn't make what you say true. Quite how you made the leap from my post to suggesting I shpuld be running the business is beyond me. We are customers.. and customers deserve good service.
    Bold is the way it came, so bold is what's there! 😛
    What I said is true, paying subs doesn't mean we can say how Russ runs his business.If you re-read your post, to which I replied, you will see the connection - I didn't think it was too difficult.

I'm happy with the service here. The 2007 Championship award will either be awarded or not - to anyone. I'm not in the running for it, so it's no big issue to me, but I do appreciate it is your ex clan leader that is involved and therefore you want an answer. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree