I think its time to award cludi 2007 championsh...

I think its time to award cludi 2007 championsh...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lookin for a way out

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by thaughbaer
You saw it in my profile ? DOH.. how could I have been so stupid as to leave it there ?
😛

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
When a case is no longer being investigated, a recommendation can be implied from whether the game mods reached a consensus finding (of guilt) on a case or not.
I would assume that the only recommendations made to Admin are of guilt rather than innocence. In fact I would imagine that a case of a suspected cheat is never closed but rather the evidence built up so far remains in limbo as more information is gathered.

So I can only infer that the 2007 Championship was not awarded because a recommendation was made of guilt and if nothing happens everyone will continue to think that way. If this is not the case the 2007 Championship should be awarded to cludi and the case closed. If it is the case then cludi should be banned and the 2007 Championship awarded to English Tal.

Either decision is better than no decision.

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by wormwood
rhp is not olympics
It's pretty damn close.. the winner of the blue riband event did so using illegal substances... allegedly. How long before we see Dwain on here ?

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
In most cases, banning someone who has already left the site is a rather pointless exercise. In this case, however, because the 2007 Championship is in limbo, the community needs closure.

The Admins need to decide on one of two actions. a) Award it to cludi, or b) ban cludi and award it to English Tal. No further game mod investigation is require ...[text shortened]... by the admins is available to them. They must simply make a decision and put the matter to rest.
Hey - no fair asking the admins to make a decision quickly. Based on previous experience, if its not an emergency, this will take sometime between months and forever.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
03 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Erekose
Hey - no fair asking the admins to make a decision quickly. Based on previous experience, if its not an emergency, this will take sometime between months and forever.
Admins had time enough to make their decision....

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by Erekose
Between months and forever eh ? Care to be a little less specific ? Well... I don't have forever... perhaps the admins would would be kind enough to cryogenically freeze me and revive me when they have made their decision.

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by Korch
Admins had time enough to make their decision....
I think so too, but some decisions just seem to be avoided somehow. Frankly, I don't understand it. The site communications/actions around hardware/software problems are generally excellent, but communications/actions around these softer issues is slow and unresponsive.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by schakuhr
What? Cludi himself admitted that there was a 1 in 300 chance (or was it 1 in 900?) that he was NOT cheating. I don't think we can conclude from that that he is innocent.

Likely, his investigation was stopped and won't be picked up anymore considering he already left the site. I doubt we'll ever know the complete truth.
Beware visiting his blog. A firefox addon reported that it was infected with malware.

D

S

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Beware visiting his blog. A firefox addon reported that it was infected with malware.

D
Yes I had this warning come up also. An attempted browser hack I think.