1. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 11:24
    Game 1265541

I was really enjoying this game, but dwelt a bit too long on my last move as I tried to work out whether I could force an advantage or not and got timed out. I quite fancy playing out the game though. Is anybody willing to play white if I set up the position? Ideally I'd like to play someone in the 1750-1820 range but I'm not hideously fussy.

Thanks,

Mike
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 12:30
    Originally posted by mikenay
    Game 1265541

I was really enjoying this game, but dwelt a bit too long on my last move as I tried to work out whether I could force an advantage or not and got timed out. I quite fancy playing out the game though. Is anybody willing to play white if I set up the position? Ideally I'd like to play someone in the 1750-1820 range but I'm not hideously fussy.

Thanks,

Mike
    Looks like a pretty easy win for black to me. Send me a challenge if you want.

D
  3. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 13:001 edit
    I've just sent the challenge over. Thanks, for agreeing to play. I think I should be able to get the win, but practice wise it's definitely worth finishing off close endgames, and I'm sure there are a few pitfalls for me to avoid (or not!) yet.

Edit: I may not move till this evening as I'm still at work - I was going to avoid a T/O by shuffling my king, but that doesn't seem necessary now!
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 14:191 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Looks like a pretty easy win for black to me. Send me a challenge if you want.

D
    Easy win for black? I disagree, that looks like a flat draw to me. Though if black puts his rook on e4 i think he get's the better position. Only glancing at this though, i'm probably wrong (as i normally am when i post in this forum...)
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 15:49
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Easy win for black? I disagree, that looks like a flat draw to me. Though if black puts his rook on e4 i think he get's the better position. Only glancing at this though, i'm probably wrong (as i normally am when i post in this forum...)
    After 55. ... a3 black should be able to pick up white's queenside pawns and have the d5 pawn to turn into a queen later.
  6. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 17:15
    Right. Just glanced back at the thread and clearly people are having a bit of a discussion about the position. I have no problems with this, it is after all an unrated game now, but I've not read what's been said and don't intend to till the game is done. Hopefully I'll remember to pop back afterwards and find out where I've been going wrong!
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Nov '05 13:42
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Well, white won, but I think black made a few mistakes in the endgame.
    Game 1474303

I still think Black should have won this, although there were a lot of drawing possibilities in there as well.

D
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    29 Nov '05 18:43
    I say black wins. I gotta go with 1...Re4 here as black first move and then get his king into whites camp.
  9. Behind You!
    Moves
    30 Nov '05 02:17
    IMHO, Black made several strategic mistakes handling this ending.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree