1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 11:49
    Originally posted by RahimK
    yahoo = mass cheating

Yahoo garabage. I played over 2000+ blitz games on there didn't do anything for me. I was say a 1300ish player by then. Joined a chess club and after 2 years i'm sitting at 1852 OTB. My rating on here is also reasonable.

I got a thread going which will help you. Here's the link, its on page 2 half way done.

http://www.redhotpaw ...[text shortened]... sting your time with blitz. I stopped playing blitz a long time ago. It gives you bad habits.
    For some reason my rating never gets very high at yahoo, usually get to about 1500 then it crashes, I thought it might be that perhaps my game was better suited to cc, but not so as my otb rating is about 1750 (approx 105 bcf) and I've played about 10 games now in the club championship and the league (plus numerous friendlys). Has anyone else found that their rating seems higher elsewhere than on yahoo? I thought perhaps it may just be that the standard is much higher there (possibly due to a high number of engine users?)
  2. back in business
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 12:13
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I stopped playing blitz a long time ago. It gives you bad habits.
    only if one is a weak player and has not learned enough theory. blitz can even improve one`s chess if one knows how to take advantage of it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 12:46
    Originally posted by serg87
    Alright, here my story started playing 5 mins for fun like 2 years. I recently realized that I still suck, like I can beat some weak 1300 and 1400 player ones or twice, but I usually get stomped. I tried reading a book, and for some reason, i didn’t like learning that way. I understand the basics, pins, pawn structure, forks. I play with chess master sometime ...[text shortened]... sted a couple of years of playing. I feel like I should maybe stop if I’m not getting anywhere
    I already gave up, I only play here when I'm drunk
  4. Big D
    Moves
    23 Mar '06 17:43
    Dear serg87,

If you're serious about improving at chess, I suggest you overcome your reading disorder. You might be able to study chess with any of the various software programs, but you will miss out on the insights of the great masters which are contained in their books. Don't deny yourself the wisdom of Tarrasch, Alekhine, Reti, Botvinnik, Tal, Fischer, Kasparov, etc. Their stories and annotations will teach you a lot about chess and people.

der_schwarze_ritter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree