1. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    this is a chess site...
    Please pardon my idiocy. I did not notice this was a chess site.

I thought it was a a loser site where you post drivel after drivel when you get really wasted.

Next time, I will try to post something related to chess.
  2. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 05:56
    I AINT DRUNK YET......cause i havent been banned yet...i know when i am drunk......my thread posting thingy goes away.
  3. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 06:171 edit
    I AINT DRUNK YET.......
    I wish you did not drink as much.😞
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 06:24
    me too brother....me too...:-(
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 22:56
    Originally posted by kenan
    I like to talk about the Doppler effect you know? All the chess players like to hear this on the Only Chess forum:

Ok. Where do I start to describe the Doppler effect? It’s like when you are going to work and suddenly you hear the sirens of an ambulance coming from far away. You then hear a change in the sound when they pass by you; it’s a change in pitch ...[text shortened]... y of the transmitter divided by the wavelength of the transmitted wave subject to change.

😉
    The topic of drinking and playing chess is quite relevant for some players; thus a chess only forum might be an appropriate place to discuss it. How one would calculate the change in frequency of sound emitted from a moving object is poignantly irrelevant. Your point is wasted in the fact that the post made this forum waay less relevant to the game of chess.

Don't pick on other peoples' problems. Just because you aren't a drunk doesn't mean the forum post is misplaced. Just ignore it and move on. Cheers!

And sorry if this sounds mean, but it's the weekend. So that's the booze talking, not me.
  6. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 23:27
    i'm with allostery......i'd buy him a drink if i didn't want it all for myself.
  7. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 00:07
    i'm with allostery......i'd buy him a drink if i didn't want it all for myself.
    That's one of the problems: there's too much of it. I heard somewhere that Jim Beam sends out 15,000 cases of white label every day. If I just stuck to the beer, I could probably manage my chess games without too many gaffes. I think my opponents are starting to learn to sit and wait for me to get drunk and give up a knight or something.

e.g. game in progress

Game 3843870
  8. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 00:43
    Originally posted by allostery
    The topic of drinking and playing chess is quite relevant for some players; thus a chess only forum might be an appropriate place to discuss it. How one would calculate the change in frequency of sound emitted from a moving object is poignantly irrelevant. Your point is wasted in the fact that the post made this forum waay less relevant to the game of ch ...[text shortened]... And sorry if this sounds mean, but it's the weekend. So that's the booze talking, not me.
    I am fairly inexperienced in forums so I am guessing the best is to ignore drunk people. This incident will be a lesson for me from now on. Now, I know what to do. 😉

Thanks to your post, I have discovered that drinking and playing chess is quite relevant to the Only Chess forum.

Thank you kindly again.
  9. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 01:05
    anytime ole chum......anytime.
  10. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 01:101 edit
    Originally posted by kenan
    I am fairly inexperienced in forums so I am guessing the best is to ignore drunk people. This incident will be a lesson for me from now on. Now, I know what to do. 😉

Thanks to your post, I have discovered that drinking and playing chess is quite relevant to the Only Chess forum.

Thank you kindly again.
    No problem.

I learned a great deal from you as well. So thanks for posting. 😉 I wanted to ask you, how are waves are generated at supersonic speeds? And how does the speed of sound compare to the speed of light (besides 'speed' itself)? Why does everything have to divide or multiply by light speed?
  11. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 01:11
    ok...you guys are on yer own....i'm going back to the chess board.
  12. Joined
    31 Oct '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 01:56
    Originally posted by allostery
    No problem.

I learned a great deal from you as well. So thanks for posting. 😉 I wanted to ask you, how are waves are generated at supersonic speeds? And how does the speed of sound compare to the speed of light (besides 'speed' itself)? Why does everything have to divide or multiply by light speed?
    http://sonicbooms.org/boomprimer.html
  13. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 02:27
    Hey. I'm 40+ and I like to drink and I like to play chess. For me both goes toghether well. Now, when I'm drunk, I write my move instead of playinf it. that's why I reached 2000! vive le vin rouge!
  14. Going where needed.
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 02:36
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    This is how scientists know that the Universe is expanding isn't it?

Light from the furthest galaxies is more red-shifted the further out you look, so the light waves are strecthed & thus the galaxies are moving away from the fixed point of observation.
    Very good. But there is also a blueshift as they move closer. For instance, if an astronaut went towards Alpha Centauri and passed it far enough away without being fried, he would see Alpha Centauri in a slightly bluish tinge (just as we see the star Rigel now), and the astronaut would see Centauri shifting red as he passed and flew away from it.
  15. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 02:40
    this is the weirdest thread yet....and i posted it.....(spell check on weird?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree