11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 09:19
    Something is quite fishy here...😞
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 10:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Which would also be a violation of the TOS.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 10:53
    Originally posted by Dejection
    Game 4111462
    (Black to move)
    This is a game i'm currently playing against my chess club leader. I'm white and i sacrificed a knight in the opening. I'm worried because this is a critical point in the game (I think). I understand that if i can't see through the complications he probably can't either, but i'm not convinced. I want a general opinion o ...[text shortened]... /white in this position, and whether white's attacking chances compensate for the knight.
    Hi, Dejection.

Discussing games in progress is against the Terms of Service of this site. Maybe you can come back after you finish the game and ask if people think the sacrifice was worth it.
  4. Joined
    12 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 12:51
    Oh, i only wanted an opinion, not advice. It seems everyone thinks its the same thing, and considers it cheating. In that case, i will try to finish the game first and then get people to analyse it. Wish me luck xD
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 12:54
    Originally posted by Dejection
    Oh, i only wanted an opinion, not advice. It seems everyone thinks its the same thing, and considers it cheating. In that case, i will try to finish the game first and then get people to analyse it. Wish me luck xD
    Opinion and advice cannot be separated. Say that in a given position, you think one side is better. The person receiving the "opinion" can then go and try and find the line or lines that you think give that advantage. He will then do his best to either play that winning line or avoid/survive it. Only by offering no thoughts on an in progress game can we be sure that we didn't influence someone else's game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree