1. Joined
    12 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:33
    Game 4111462
    (Black to move)
    This is a game i'm currently playing against my chess club leader. I'm white and i sacrificed a knight in the opening. I'm worried because this is a critical point in the game (I think). I understand that if i can't see through the complications he probably can't either, but i'm not convinced. I want a general opinion on whether you would prefer black/white in this position, and whether white's attacking chances compensate for the knight.
  2. Richmond Hill
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:39
    uh...I hate to be the one to ask this...but, is this within the rules of the site?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:41
    Originally posted by mrjonesvich321
    uh...I hate to be the one to ask this...but, is this within the rules of the site?
    I think he's allowed to do so...
    but only if the game is being played off the site...
    but if the game's off the site, how'd he get a link up???
  4. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:47
    Originally posted by Dejection
    Game 4111462
    (Black to move)
    This is a game i'm currently playing against my chess club leader. I'm white and i sacrificed a knight in the opening. I'm worried because this is a critical point in the game (I think). I understand that if i can't see through the complications he probably can't either, but i'm not convinced. I want a general opinion o ...[text shortened]... /white in this position, and whether white's attacking chances compensate for the knight.
    If you get advice from people here will you let your opponent know that he's not playing you any more, but is playing everybody who gives you advice?
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:48
    Regardless of who he says he's playing against, it looks like an in-progress game to me. Assisting people with their in-progress games isn't allowed.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 02:51
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Regardless of who he says he's playing against, it looks like an in-progress game to me. Assisting people with their in-progress games isn't allowed.
    agreed, it's un-ethical whether or not it's on the site...
  7. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:01
    Maybe I didn't phrase my previous post very well. I meant that even if there isn't a real, rated off-site game in progress, there apparently IS an in-progress RHP game going on between Dejection and aardy. So third party assistance is not allowed.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:10
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Maybe I didn't phrase my previous post very well. I meant that even if there isn't a real, rated off-site game in progress, there apparently IS an in-progress RHP game going on between Dejection and aardy. So third party assistance is not allowed.
    I have a question...
    let's say there are two people playing on RHP
    white opens with 1. e4
    as black is thinking of his move, he leaves the board screen and goes to the forums to discover that someone has posted: The Sicilian Defence is the proper, best response to 1. e4 and based on this, the player goes back and plays 1. ... c5
    then, white plays 2. Nf3
    again, the black player goes back to thread to find that the same player has posted: 2. ... d6 is the proper and best response to 2. Nf3
    what if this continues through the end of the game in say the Yugoslav Attack of the Dragon?
    has the player with the black pieces obtained third party assistance?
    is the poster guilty for making the statements that led to the player's victory in the game?
    this is, of course, completely hypothetical and in no way a realistic situation... no one could follow a poster's game for the whole game, surely white would deviate from the poster's line eventually... but let's just say IF something like this were to happen...
  9. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:14
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    I have a question...
    white opens with 1. e4
    as black is thinking of his move, he leaves the board screen and goes to the forums to discover that someone has posted: The Sicilian Defence is the proper, best response to 1. e4 and based on this, the player goes back and plays 1. ... c5
    then, white plays 2. N ...[text shortened]... the poster's line eventually... but let's just say IF something like this were to happen...
    Rather than going through all that trouble,
    he could use an opening database. 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:26
    Originally posted by Drew L
    Rather than going through all that trouble,
    he could use an opening database. 😉
    but that would not fit my hypothetical criteria, now would it?
    😉
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 07:041 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 07:18
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    I have a question...
    white opens with 1. e4
    then, white plays 2. N ...[text shortened]... the poster's line eventually... but let's just say IF something like this were to happen...
    When a player asks for assistance and another player gives him assistance is breaking the rules if it happens innadvertantly it wouldn't be against the rules and if it was how would you catch the culprit or prove that he really got help from the forums?
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 07:202 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    and thats not even the case unless he is dumb enough to beat himself in a game with a new account. i checked arrdy's public games and the only finished game is a win against Dejection.
  14. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 07:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    12 Oct '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 08:22
    Originally posted by mrjonesvich321
    I don't think so...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree