Instructive Games in the Sicilian Dragon

Instructive Games in the Sicilian Dragon

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by arrakis

He's a Najdorf expert and also has found a way to exploit Black's position in the Dragon.
Prove it. πŸ˜€

c

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
Prove it. πŸ˜€
My thoughts exactly. I really doubt that No. 1 managed to find a way to beat, or even hurt, the dragon with all of the theory that's been done on it.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Ok Tony, this game's so well played for both sides that it's hard to find the errors that gave Tebb the advantage. I do have one question though. What is the reasoning behind 29...Rxd4 instead of the more obvious looking 29...Rc4?

BTW:I'm well aware that you're much better than me. So any analysis I have will probably be refuted by you anyway. πŸ˜›
Come on guys! NOBODY CAN DISCUSS A GAME IN PROGRESS!
Period!

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
My thoughts exactly. I really doubt that No. 1 managed to find a way to beat, or even hurt, the dragon with all of the theory that's been done on it.
Like I said, if you are serious about learning this line study his games...

c

Moves
10 Sep 06

Period!
I'm sure Tebb doesn't mind, I can't see how this move could POSSIBLY affect anything. But whatever...I can wait.

Moves
10 Sep 06

Period!
Tony probably forgot to mention that the game we're currently playing is unrated. So on this particular occasion, I don't mind if people make comments, especially about the opening.

But as a general rule I agree with Arrakis that people shouldn't discuss games which are in progress.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
10 Sep 06

Originally posted by David Tebb
Tony probably forgot to mention that the game we're currently playing is unrated. So on this particular occasion, I don't mind if people make comments, especially about the opening.

But as a general rule I agree with Arrakis that people shouldn't discuss games which are in progress.
Yes, I definitely forgot this. I also didn't think it was that big of a deal to discuss moves that have already been played, since there is no going back, but that's stupid. I should have just said nothing, since the games in progress.

c

Moves
10 Sep 06
1 edit

Here are two RHP (Or TIG thanks to the new scheme...) games that I played. The second one is called a "Richter-Rauzer" by F9, but I consider it a Dragon so πŸ˜›.

Game 2182571

Major errors in this game occur at moves 15.f4??, 18...Rd8??, and 19...Ng4? according to Fritz 9.

Game 2325819

Sorry my games aren't as awesome as Tony, and Xanthos', but I'm working on a couple that are pretty good πŸ™‚. Give me some time! πŸ˜€

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
11 Sep 06

Like I said, if you are serious about learning this line study his games...
Personally I think studying the games I posted where Tebb schooled me with both sides of the Dragon would be instructive. No1 claims that the Dragon is a cooked which I think is a gross over exaggeration.

1...c5!

Your Kingside

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Personally I think studying the games I posted where Tebb schooled me with both sides of the Dragon would be instructive. No1 claims that the Dragon is a cooked which I think is a gross over exaggeration.
I completely agree.

c

Moves
12 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by !~TONY~!
I completely agree.
Here's a highly entertaining Sicilian game played by Chris Ward.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1176374

Very awesome stuff, the queen sac is just amazing!

SS

Moves
12 Sep 06
3 edits

c

Moves
12 Sep 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
The 2nd one is a dragon, the Richter Rauzer starts:
1.e4 c5
2.Nf3 Nc6
3.d4 cd
4.Nxd4 Nf6
5.Nc3 d6
6.Bg5 e6
And I didn't play e6, which is why I call it a dragon. The position that I reach is strikingly similar to a Dragon, minus white's bishop on c4.

SS

Moves
12 Sep 06

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
For balance:
Don't do what XanthosNZ does.
Game 1503325
Game 1867225