1. Joined
    25 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 May '11 06:03
    I was playing a games against http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=160774. But, for some reason he has been banned, and game awarded to me.
  2. Delft, Netherlands
    Moves
    13 May '11 11:271 edit
    If you look at his rating graph and the games he played it is likely he violated the following rule:
    (a) You will not create more than one account.

He has a lot of games versus the same players all resigned at the 3rd move.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 May '11 11:424 edits
    User 160774 fixed the link, took four edits... 🙁

For the time being you can't be sure about the reasons for a given ban. Some constellations are just obvious, while other remain in the dark.

A few years ago there has been a list with banned players and their offense (3a, 3b or 3c) but it was discontinued.
  4. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    13 May '11 12:031 edit
    Don't know why some get banned, and others don't.

One thing is clear though: some people find playing in RHP gives them a remarkable boost of improvement. Take this current opponent of mine User 489928. I asked him about it - in that nice way I have 🙂 "Must have got lucky", he tells me 🙄
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 May '11 13:46
    Originally posted by vishyanand
    I was playing a games against http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=160774. But, for some reason he has been banned, and game awarded to me.
    i sent feedback months ago asking for a list and reasons of banned players, all i got back was "we dont do that anymore" no reason just our way or the highway. 😠
  6. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    15 May '11 19:43
    Originally posted by atticus2
    One thing is clear though: some people find playing in RHP gives them a remarkable boost of improvement. Take this current opponent of mine User 489928. I asked him about it - in that nice way I have 🙂 "Must have got lucky", he tells me 🙄
    Well, fancy that! Since I posted two days ago, drawing attention to my opponent's remarkable 'improvement' in performance, he hasn't moved - and has now timed out. So I've crushed his skull. So sad 😀
  7. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    22 May '11 13:30
    Another example of the astonishing powers of improvement caused by RHP

In March, this guy User 595676 couldn't beat 1300s. Two months later, he crushes 2000s. Just remarkable. I've asked him for his secret. I'll keep you posted on his reply 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    22 May '11 18:49
    Originally posted by atticus2
    Another example of the astonishing powers of improvement caused by RHP

In March, this guy User 595676 couldn't beat 1300s. Two months later, he crushes 2000s. Just remarkable. I've asked him for his secret. I'll keep you posted on his reply 🙂
    I think I know what his birthday present was...
  9. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '11 21:50
    Originally posted by Maxacre42
    I think I know what his birthday present was...
    .....probably a Monopoly set.

skeeter
  10. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    22 May '11 23:00
    This is the conversation between us: (don't think it breaches any TOS protocols; hope not anyway)

atticus2 Since March, you have 'improved' by 700 points! You are joking, right? In March you couldn't beat 1300+; two months later, you can beat 2000+ We both know how you've managed this, don't we. Why do you fool yourself? We both know you're a pretty weak player. I can see it from your games. No shame in being weak. But using [banned noun] doesn't make you stronger; it merely makes you sadder 🙁

BennoSchmidt I know I'm overrated. But strange, they all give up and resign in a endless row 🙂 But seriously, as I brought down my games from 80 to 20 it could only be good to improve my game 🙂 And to tell the truth, I did some homework 🙂 A good player became my coach, analysing our games and telling me where and which move would be better. So as a good student I applied his advice to play carefully with deeper thinking and always looking for the best move. And as you can see, my points did not stop going upwards 🙂 and after losing 30 times now I won 4 in a row and now he needs a break. I think it's as with other sports: put in the effort and sooner or later you'll be paid back

atticus2 No one - no one ever, apart from a child - can 'improve' from 1300 to 2000+ in two months. No coach in the world can achieve this - if he could, we'd all use him. No one can learn chess to improve from 1300 to 2000+ in weeks. It's impossible in years too. I've heard all the excuses. I'm a very experienced player, and I know a juksende drittsekk when I see one

BennoSchmidt I don't know what more I can say. Perhaps first I was already at 1500 before and when you change from blitz to normal it's not the same. And with his help I see clearer and have a better overlook. even more opening knowledge helps not to be trapped in the beginning and I still lose games badly played

Not much more I can say either 🙄
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '08
    Moves
    23 May '11 08:53
    Well done, Atticus, he resigned all his games and left the site.Good hunting!!
  12. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    23 May '11 10:14
    Originally posted by ptriple42
    Well done, Atticus, he resigned all his games and left the site.Good hunting!!
    In truth, I don't hunt them. That would be a full-time occupation. And anyway, there are systems in place in here that try to address the matter of these performance 'improvements'.

All I do is ask a few polite questions when I meet these guys in a tournament. Often it has an impact, as here, but sometimes it doesn't. One tries one's best 🙂
  13. Joined
    27 May '11
    Moves
    27 May '11 07:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree