1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '12 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by enrico20
    Only Kamsky or his dad would think he is "popular". From a google search :-

The latest scoop for Inside Chess was a controversial interview with Gata Kamsky
    This so-called "latest scoop" was written in 1991, and is typical of the problems of Kamsky's enemies: they all have good reason to hate the father, but cannot get over their own egos enough to see the son in an honest light.
    Remember that when this googlewhack was written, Gata was 17. He is now 38. Who of us can say that he did not grow up a lot between the ages of 17 and 38?

Richard
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jul '12 13:59
    Kamsky was one of the most accessible GMs on the ICC server. He was quite popular there. People tried to bait him into a feud with Naka, but he would just shrug it off with something like, "you'll have to ask Hikaru about that." Classy guy.
  3. timed out again
    Moves
    23 Jul '12 17:40
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    This so-called "latest scoop" was written in 1991, and is typical of the problems of Kamsky's enemies: they all have good reason to hate the father, but cannot get over their own egos enough to see the son in an honest light.
    Remember that when this googlewhack was written, Gata was 17. He is now 38. Who of us can say that he did not grow up a lot between the ages of 17 and 38?

Richard
    Perhaps you can show me where Kamsky junior has apologized publicly for the actions of Kamsky senior? Or perhaps you can show me where Kamsky senior has apologized for his actions cause I can't see anywhere?

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.co.uk/2007/07/shorts-take-on-kamsky-from-montreal.html
  4. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    23 Jul '12 17:54
    Perhaps you can show me where Kamsky junior has apologized publicly for the actions of Kamsky senior? Or perhaps you can show me where Kamsky senior has apologized for his actions cause I can't see anywhere?

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.co.uk/2007/07/shorts-take-on-kamsky-from-montreal.html
    Why don't you show us exactly how children have a moral or ethical obligation to account for the actions of their parents. I always thought it worked the other way around.
  5. timed out again
    Moves
    23 Jul '12 18:53
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    Why don't you show us exactly how children have a moral or ethical obligation to account for the actions of their parents. I always thought it worked the other way around.
    Only an idiot wouldn't realize that THE ACTIONS of Kamsky Senior ON BEHALF of Kamsky junior caused offence to KAMSKY'S OPPONENTS and the wider chess community. Kamsky's father was KAMSKY'S MANAGER.

If your momma was rude/abusive to your friends/classmates, would this place you in good standing with them? Anyone with a common ounce of decency should be able to see what is right or wrong and if they can't they should see their brain surgeon.
  6. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    24 Jul '12 18:42
    Only an idiot wouldn't realize that THE ACTIONS of Kamsky Senior ON BEHALF of Kamsky junior caused offence to KAMSKY'S OPPONENTS and the wider chess community. Kamsky's father was KAMSKY'S MANAGER.

If your momma was rude/abusive to your friends/classmates, would this place you in good standing with them? Anyone with a common ounce of decency should be able to see what is right or wrong and if they can't they should see their brain surgeon.
    Listening to you talk about decency is liking listening to Stevie Wonder try to sell me a telescope.

I also think your caps button is broken.
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '12 18:53

You have never heard of Parentification, obviously.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '12 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by Thabtos
    You are right, but Kamsky hasn't been a child for a good many years.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 10:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Gata Kamsky is not popular with me. 😏

P.S. His USCF rating is only in the low 2800s.
    His FIDE rating is even worse 2744 at present.
    Gee, ONLY in the low 2800's. The piker.....
  10. timed out again
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 17:48
    Originally posted by Kegge
    You have never heard of Parentification, obviously.
    Is that why neither Kamsky senior/Junior haven't apologised? Perhaps you have seen details of the apology somewhere and you care to point it out? You can read Short's interview and his feelings on playing Kamsky long after the incident.

You should write an big article on chessbase with your stupid parentification theologies and see if that cuts any ice.
  11. timed out again
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 17:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are right, but Kamsky hasn't been a child for a good many years.
    So when he was playing Short in 2007 he was still a child wasn't he? No he wasn't. He is old enough to have read in 2007 Short's interview and understood the situation.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 19:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Gee, ONLY in the low 2800's. The piker.....
    That was just a joke. 😀
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 19:56
    So when he was playing Short in 2007 he was still a child wasn't he? No he wasn't. He is old enough to have read in 2007 Short's interview and understood the situation.
    I don't think you understood my post. Well, that seems to be par for the course. 😀
  14. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 20:44
    Gata may not be the most charismatic person in the world but I think he gets a healthy amount of respect for the way he composes himself in years since he came out of retirement.

As for Nigel's comments, lets not forget how Nigel can hold a grudge...
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 20:53
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Gata may not be the most charismatic person in the world but I think he gets a healthy amount of respect for the way he composes himself in years since he came out of retirement.

As for Nigel's comments, lets not forget how Nigel can hold a grudge...
    Nigel Smigel!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree