Kamsky

Kamsky

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 12

Originally posted by nimzo5
Gata may not be the most charismatic person in the world but I think he gets a healthy amount of respect for the way he composes himself in years since he came out of retirement.

As for Nigel's comments, lets not forget how Nigel can hold a grudge...
Nigel Short does not seem to be a very nice guy.

Following the death of Tony Miles in 2001, Short wrote an obituary in the Sunday Telegraph in which he claimed that during the 27th Chess Olympiad in Dubai he had slept with Miles's then-girlfriend.

Also in 2001, Short was in the news as the story broke that he had been secretly playing the reclusive former chess champion Bobby Fischer online in speed chess matches. Short later retracted the claim after Fischer himself had denied it.

In January 2007, Short gave an interview to the Indian newspaper DNA, in which he called for an inquiry to examine allegations that Veselin Topalov cheated during the World Championship in San Luis.

In the same DNA interview, Short was critical of the role of members of the Appeals Committee at the 2005 and 2006 World Championships, in particular FIDE Vice President Zurab Azmaiparashvili whom he described as "singularly inappropriate for such work having, by his own admission, cheated in winning the 2003 European Championship." Azmaiparashvili filed a formal complaint to the FIDE Ethics Commission, which convened in July 2007. While dismissing the main complaints against Short, the Commission sanctioned him for a minor violation of the FIDE Code of Ethics for his use of the word "dunderhead". This decision was met with derision from the British Chess Magazine.

Moves
26 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by enrico20
If your momma was rude/abusive to your friends/classmates, would this place you in good standing with them? Anyone with a common ounce of decency should be able to see what is right or wrong and if they can't they should see their brain surgeon.
If my momma was rude to my classmates, I would expect them not to want to sit next to me in school. I would not expect them to still hold a grudge against me personally, rather than my momma, if we became colleagues twenty years later. But this is what is now happening to Gata Kamsky. That is a lack of an ounce of common decency, and anyone who does not understand this is still a school child. Apparently, Gata has grown up, but Nigel and enrico haven't.

Richard

e

timed out again

Moves
28 Jul 12

The consensus among neutral chess players is that Kamsky should have apologised to Short. Below is an exchange that Short and Kamsky had

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/2006/10/kamskyshort-19942006.htm

Nigel Short: Gata, in our 1994 match you delivered a written protest to the arbiter accusing me of visiting the bathroom too often. Was that done to disturb me, or because you thought I had a desktop hidden in the cubicle?
Gata Kamsky: ask me something i can remember nigel
Nigel Short: I remember it well, Gata.
Gata Kamsky: all i remember is that you started talking to me during the game
Nigel Short: Yes, and the arbiter had overheard a conversation between your father and yourself immediately after the game. He told you to complain. You said that there was nothing to complain about. And yet within the hour there was yet another written protest about me cheating during this match.
Nigel Short: I guess Daddy had his way
Gata Kamsky: i would be careful with making assumptions
Gata Kamsky: back then i didn't understood your dirty psychological tricks nigel
Nigel Short: I was also accused of "looking at Anand too much"
Nigel Short: and what a pity that the match organisers failed to erect a wall on the stage , like you insisted that they must
Gata Kamsky: nigel you had your chance against garry no?
Gata Kamsky: so stop complaining
Nigel Short: I do remember the death threat from your father, delivered in an extremely irate manner about 2cm from my face.
Gata Kamsky: so talk to my father about it
Gata Kamsky: lol
Nigel Short: "Talk to my father"? Why not "talk to Danailov"? we can all benefit from hiding behind our henchmen
Gata Kamsky: nice try nigel
Gata Kamsky: trying to do others all work for you?
Nigel Short (il répond à Susan Polgar): they have relevance, Susan. It is the only time in my career I have accused of cheating. I was accused repeatedly. There are obvious similarities with the current match.
Nigel Short: the only thing that Danailov has not done is to physically threaten Kramnik with death
Gata Kamsky: i have no idea what you're trying to drag me and my dad back into nigel
Nigel Short: No doubt you would prefer to remember the result, rather than the manner in which it was attained, Gata.
Gata Kamsky: you mean your little dirty tricks ?
Gata Kamsky: we can go all day, you have your opinion and i have mine. So let's leave it at that
Nigel Short: It is funny, how you are the only person to have observed that I am a cheat, Gata. Indeed the protests and accusations went on even when you were 3-0 up. I must have been the most inept cheat in history.
Gata Kamsky: nigel
Gata Kamsky: i don't want to talk about it, but if you want to do something about this, we can settle this like real men, outside. I'll be waiting
Nigel Short: Yes. That is exactly how your Dad wanted to settle it too.
Gata Kamsky: it is YOUR problem
Gata Kamsky: but your insinuations are insulting me
Gata Kamsky: so put up or shut up
Nigel Short: Your comments reveal a complete abdication of responsibility. A player is 100%responsible for the actions of his delegation

Moves
28 Jul 12

Originally posted by enrico20
Perhaps you can show me where Kamsky junior has apologized publicly for the actions of Kamsky senior? Or perhaps you can show me where Kamsky senior has apologized for his actions cause I can't see anywhere?

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.co.uk/2007/07/shorts-take-on-kamsky-from-montreal.html
Google "Joel benjamin kamsky and apology"