1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 01:40
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    I don't understand this post, and I doubt if anyone else does, either. To be honest I've had enough of your supercilious tone. Combined with obvious ignorance it's not very appealing. If you're an Anglophile, I'll try to make sure and give Anglophobes a wide berth. Over and out.
    This debate being in the chess forum was fine with me...but when you start bickering AND it isn't about chess then it starts to get annoying. Both of you need to chill out and quit this petty battle.
  2. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 01:50
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    This debate being in the chess forum was fine with me...but when you start bickering AND it isn't about chess then it starts to get annoying. Both of you need to chill out and quit this petty battle.
    I agree. And if you look back, the pettiness started with Mr Adkins's post at 19:16 (as pointed out by Mahout). In any case I have no intention of making any further contribution to this thread. I prefer chess anyway, which is why I hardly ever contribute to any other forum on RHP.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 01:58
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    I don't understand this post, and I doubt if anyone else does, either.
    Alice felt dreadfully puzzled. The Hatter's remark seemed to have no sort of meaning in it, and yet it was certainly English. `I don't quite understand you,' she said, as politely as she could.

`The Dormouse is asleep again,' said the Hatter, and he poured a little hot tea upon its nose.

The Dormouse shook its head impatiently, and said, without opening its eyes, `Of course, of course; just what I was going to remark myself.'

`Have you guessed the riddle yet?' the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.

`No, I give it up,' Alice replied: `that's the answer?'

`I haven't the slightest idea,' said the Hatter.

`Nor I,' said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. `I think you might do something better with the time,' she said, `than waste it in asking riddles that have no answers.'

`If you knew Time as well as I do,' said the Hatter, `you wouldn't talk about wasting IT. It's HIM.'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree