Kasparov Arrested

Kasparov Arrested

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Northern Lad
I accept that, but I could hardly be expected to know that when I read it. The term 'fascist' is bandied around too often and too lightly in my opinion.
What do you mean? That you could hardly be expected to know what you read?! Here is what you wrote to Korch:

"Thanks for your support. You may be interested to know that Mr Adkins doesn't appear to have a particularly high opinion of your country judging by http://www.thecopydude.com/?p=379#comment-7877"

Did you read anything disparaging of Latvia by me, in the comment I made? No.

As for the blog article itself, the word "fascist" appears exactly ONCE -- in the title. Or are you suggesting that once is too often? 😉

MR

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by chessisvanity
Putin is doing good for that country.

and as for protestors? shoot them in the face and you don't have any protestors anymore.
Your comment about protestors is one of the most colossally moronic statements I've heard in quite a while. Does it take a lot of effort to create these kind of statements, or do they just come to you?

NL

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Mark Adkins
What do you mean? That you could hardly be expected to know what you read?! Here is what you wrote to Korch:

"Thanks for your support. You may be interested to know that Mr Adkins doesn't appear to have a particularly high opinion of your country judging by http://www.thecopydude.com/?p=379#comment-7877"

Did you read anything disparaging of Latvi ...[text shortened]... t" appears exactly ONCE -- in the title. Or are you suggesting that once is too often? 😉
I don't think it is unreasonable to be influenced by the title, especially when the term 'fascist' is used. As I said previously, it was not intended as a serious point. But I wonder if you tried to get the blogger to amend his potentially offensive title. I would have, if it had been in my name.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by Mad Rook
Your comment about protestors is one of the most colossally moronic statements I've heard in quite a while. Does it take a lot of effort to create these kind of statements, or do they just come to you?
let me guess?

you're the loser type who protests?

you do it for something to do cause you have no life?

protesting is like dancing....useless and accomplishes nothing.

I hope....and i'm sure it will happen....The soviet union goes back to communism and gets rid of hippies like you.

I know two "russians"...and they say communism was way better than the crap they have now...

are you living there?

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

no....no you don't live there.

you're the typical american who knows all!!

all hail mad rook!!

MR

Moves
01 Dec 07

let me guess?

you're the loser type who protests?

you do it for something to do cause you have no life?

protesting is like dancing....useless and accomplishes nothing.

I hope....and i'm sure it will happen....The soviet union goes back to communism and gets rid of hippies like you.

I know two "russians"...and they say communism was way better than the crap they have now...

are you living there?
You're not doing too well in the guessing department, either.

I've never actually protested. Strike one.

I'm not a hippie and never was one. Strike two.

I live where my flag says I live. Maybe you're so intellectually challenged that you didn't recognize the country that my flag represents? Streeeeeeerike three!!! Yer out!!!

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

ya your a big star.

the point is.....you're talking about stuff that you know nothing about.

yet you dance around like your opinion matters.

please.

there was never a day where you had it hard.

typical american.....I bet you know everything don't you?

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

funny how you 2 guys talk of the soviet union...yet..😲 neither of you are from there?!!

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

GO BBC!!

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

I have won.....

MR

Moves
01 Dec 07

ya your a big star.

the point is.....you're talking about stuff that you know nothing about.

yet you dance around like your opinion matters.

please.

there was never a day where you had it hard.

typical american.....I bet you know everything don't you?
I never claimed to be a star. I don't know where you got that idea.

The only "stuff" (I assume you mean Russian or Soviet politics) I talked about in this thread was your moronic statement about shooting protestors.

And it's really pathetic that you're so quick to throw out the ad hominem attacks. But I guess to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

c
THE BISHOP GOD

BOSTON

Moves
01 Dec 07

yep

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
01 Dec 07
3 edits

funny how you 2 guys talk of the soviet union...yet..😲 neither of you are from there?!!
I`m from Latvia which was in Soviet Union about 50 years (1941-1990) and i can say for sure - most people from my country will never agree to be in such kind of state again.
Also I`ve talked with Russians who lives in Latvia and have been in Russia to their relatives - they have told that they does not want live in Russia at its current situation, because of:
1)much lower standart of living;
2)high crime rate;
3)involuntariness of state and law enforcement institutions.

For Putin fans (also for them who is calling Latvia fascist country) I advise to read about IM Sergey Nikolaev killed in Moscow more than month ago by racists (he was Yakuth).
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4200

Nowadays such news from Moscow isn`t something extraordinary - there are regulary sttacked people who does not look like Russians. If you dont believe then search in google words like "Moscow racist attack".

MA

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
For Putin fans (also for them who is calling Latvia fascist country) I advise to read about IM Sergey Nikolaev killed in Moscow more than month ago by racists (he was Yakuth).
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4200

Nowadays such news from Moscow isn`t something extraordinary - there are regulary sttacked people who does not look like Russians. If you dont believe then search in google words like "Moscow racist attack".
Since English is not your native tongue, I will simply, patiently point out (again) that nobody here has called Latvia "fascist".

The death of IM Nikolaev is of course deplorable. Though not a Putin fan, I do, however, ask why Putin's name is raised in connection with the death. Not another political assassination, I take it? 😉

To the best of my knowledge, neither Putin nor his political party advocates attacks on non-Russian visitors or immigrants. However, some of the political factions associated with the coalition of which Garry Kasparov is a spokesman have extreme nationalist agendas which may include racism of the sort described in the news article. (Obviously Kasparov himself would not condone any such acts.)

K

London

Moves
01 Dec 07

LONG LIVE STALIN!!!!!.

He certainly got the trains running on time init? ^_-