1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    05 Oct '17 10:42
    I'm sure you all know that Kasparov started online courses, but have you seen the ad? It's pretty interesting.

YouTube
  2. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '17 15:39
    Love the clocks 🙂
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 08:26
    The abject fear in the faces of the students when he demonstrates the king+pawn zugzwang at the end. He reams off a 10 move sequence and says "and white wins yes" and you can see that not one of them quite gets that, but they are too terrified to say anything 😵
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 13:28
    Originally posted by @marinkatomb
    The abject fear in the faces of the students when he demonstrates the king+pawn zugzwang at the end. He reams off a 10 move sequence and says "and white wins yes" and you can see that not one of them quite gets that, but they are too terrified to say anything 😵
    I think I would be a bit intimidated being taught by argueably the best chess player (human) of all time. I'm glad he is sticking his neck into games against the younger GM set.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 13:40
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I'm sure you all know that Kasparov started online courses, but have you seen the ad? It's pretty interesting.

[youtube]g7M3-84jaMQ[/youtube]
    Kasparov must be hurting for money lol..he's reduced his "status" a great deal by grabbing any money thats left to him..Now that he's ancient history. Pathetic and sad..what's next..will he be selling used cars ??
  6. NSW
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 03:59
    Originally posted by @vivify

[youtube]g7M3-84jaMQ[/youtube]
    Looks good!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 07:052 edits
    Originally posted by @ogb
    Kasparov must be hurting for money lol..he's reduced his "status" a great deal by grabbing any money thats left to him..Now that he's ancient history. Pathetic and sad..what's next..will he be selling used cars ??
    Maybe he ruined his fortune running for office in Russia, if that is the situation. It looks like he has given up running for office and has gone back to what he knows, chess. But at his age, he won't be playing like a 2800+ player anymore.

Are we to believe this:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/garry-kasparov/highest-paid.html

It claims he is worth 150 mil. They list his business ventures so maybe it is true. Lucrative deal with Cover Girl?

I tried googling that last and found nothing which doesn't mean it's not true, I would have to contact CG directly which I really have no desire to do. If he really is worth 150 mil, going back into competition would just be a hobby.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    09 Oct '17 13:20
    Kasparov wont be winning any more millions in chess tournaments. His appearance fees must be dwindling, too. "It's a long ways down from the top"...
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Oct '17 16:48
    Originally posted by @ogb
    And maybe he simply like the game, and likes to teach. Have you gone to the dark side or what?
  10. Joined
    09 Aug '01
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 03:43
    Or living in New York City and having children attending private school/college is expensive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree