1. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 02:41
    Kasparov in an interview yesterday said he wont share his opening secrets with fellow chess players. While I can see his reasons for doing this its a bit of a shame for the game over all since I really cant see Kasparov coming back and using them in serious games.

The broadcast was rather choppy but I think he said he keeps his databases up to date and sees suprises he prepared 4 years back coming into play now.
  2. washington
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 02:44
    a saying from one of my baseball coaches was "The game doesn't owe u any thing, you owe everything to the game" i believe this goes for any game you are playing. no matter how great you are without it you would be nothing so pay respect to it. ne ways that does suck that he is keeping his opening secrets to himself. i guess i can't reach 2800 then
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 02:52
    I can understand your disappointment, but I'm not sure I'd say it's a shame. It's his work, and he can do with it what he wants - keep it in case he un-retires (although I think this is unlikely), sell it later to someone else, give it away, or take it to his grave, lol. And, the longer he sits on it, the more likely it is that others will eventually come up with the same openings. Even if he were to never release the work, I don't think it would be a tragedy. He did give us decades of top-level chess.
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 02:57
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I can understand your disappointment, but I'm not sure I'd say it's a shame. It's his work, and he can do with it what he wants - keep it in case he un-retires (although I think this is unlikely), sell it later to someone else, give it away, or take it to his grave, lol. And, the longer he sits on it, the more likely it is that others will eventually come u ...[text shortened]... e the work, I don't think it would be a tragedy. He did give us decades of top-level chess.
    Hm, not sure how long it will be to some are 'rediscovered'....for example im not sure what improvements Kasparov found in the Evans Gambit but he did find them and brough the opening back into the lime light after it had been out of fashion for ages. Who knows what hes sitting on.
  5. Joined
    29 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 03:09
    Even if he released that info, I wouldn't know what the hell I was looking at anyway.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 03:31
    Originally posted by meyekal
    Even if he released that info, I wouldn't know what the hell I was looking at anyway.
    Here here!
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 08:17
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Kasparov in an interview yesterday said he wont share his opening secrets with fellow chess players. While I can see his reasons for doing this its a bit of a shame for the game over all since I really cant see Kasparov coming back and using them in serious games.

The broadcast was rather choppy but I think he said he keeps his databases up to date and sees suprises he prepared 4 years back coming into play now.
    The last paragraph dismisses the problem. Kaspy's 'surprises' are nevertheless being found by others and coming into play. It takes many GM's to make a complete opening theory; the loss of one GM, even a former world champ, really shouldn't stifle things that much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree