1. Joined
    03 May '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 04:57
    Originally posted by powershaker
    No. It use to be 1621, but I have been forced to move rather quickly. I plan on getting my RHP rating to 1700 when I arrive in Hawaii because I'll have wireless on my laptop when on the island of O'ahu. Right now I'm only a few hundred points less in rating than you are and I don't even spend much thought on my moves. I should be within 200 points of ...[text shortened]... my luck. When they're about to lose they don't even move and wait as long as possible.
    As I said in my responses to your attempts to force my resignation in the game in question... I was probably only a move or two from resigning that game when you decided to attempt to harass me into it. I explained my intention of waiting to see how you planned to finish the game before resigning with a queen on the board against your semi-open king. This intention was received with ridicule and accusation of unspirited play.

While I commend you on a game well played and a winning queen sacrifice that I admit I did not see coming, I felt rudely treated and now feel that you can wait to win that one. Anyone else that I've played can tell you that I usually move relatively quickly right to the end and resign immediately when I feel the game is beyond doubt.

I'd also like to point out that I am no 1740+ player. I got a bunch of games against 1400-1500 players when my rating was on a rebound from a vacation, and the wins have been quicker than the losses, so while I may have spiked to the mid 1700's, I'm already back down to 1700ish and will probably settle in the 1650-1675 range.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree