1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    02 Mar '13 14:203 edits
    I saw that a while back there was a chess hoax saying the kings gambit had been cracked by rybka, that it was beaten... I wish it were true, most KG games I play as black I loose, but I have found a few tactics. In a lot of KGA games as black I get a good attack with my pawns on the kingside but it seems to evaporate. In this game it didn't luckily.

3...d5 is one of my favourite tactics at the mo. My idea is obstruct whites bishop coming to c4, I know white has a lot of tactics with this so i play d5 to stop them. Most people take it, which gives black trouble developing the queens knight, but in this game they played 4.e5 which i think is book, but didn't seem to turn out so well.

I think they should of played 8. c3 rather then a3 to keep my knight at bay

Could white of defended better in this game?

Please post any sharp Kings Gambit games. particuarly KGA wins for black.

Thanks!
  2. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 03:00
    I have played the KGA as white for a while now, if you are looking for wins as black I'm sure there are a whole bunch of them in my public games 🙁

As for d5, I tend to chop that pawn as it normally brings the queen out to recapture which then allows me to develop some pieces with tempo against that lady...

If you want to practice more KGA as black, send a game over. You can test your theories against me.
  3. Joined
    31 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 07:53
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I saw that a while back there was a chess hoax saying the kings gambit had been cracked by rybka, that it was beaten... I wish it were true, most KG games I play as black I loose, but I have found a few tactics. In a lot of KGA games as black I get a good attack with my pawns on the kingside but it seems to evaporate. In this game it didn't luckily.

3...d ...[text shortened]... sharp Kings Gambit games. particuarly KGA wins for black.

Thanks!
    hello there
    i love the king's gambit as well
    it's worth studying correctly
    as white play this : e4 e5 f4 exf4 Bc4!(imo) or Qf3!?(imo)
    or Nf3 is dubious imo. i give 3 Nf3 ?!!, playable but not best imo
    i'm not a beginner, please trust me 🙂
  4. Joined
    31 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 12:09
    Originally posted by simonwells999
    hello there
    i should explain my opinion:
    as black play this:
    e4 e5 f4 exf4 Nf3?!! then play Be7! or other moves give black a comfortable game,
    i.e. if not best Be7(imo) also not bad are h5!? or g5 or even fischers old move
    d6 i believe that was his idea. Ne7 also playable i think and also d5. you
    see the problem for white after 3 Nf3?, black has many good replies!!
    3 Bc4 causes him to be accurate, imo.
    nigel short likes playing KG, worth checking his games out, spassky too.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 13:58
    hello there
    Have to admit it is not in my repatoire as white yet, but i really like defending against it, and i play e4-e5 always so i see it a lot. be7 is a good counter but on its own it doesn't do much for me... will check out some Short games.
  6. Joined
    31 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 14:07
    Have to admit it is not in my repatoire as white yet, but i really like defending against it, and i play e4-e5 always so i see it a lot. be7 is a good counter but on its own it doesn't do much for me... will check out some Short games.
    if you want more info, just give us a message.
    p.s. engines are rubbish at giving suggestions (for either colour)
    in the king's gambit, but that make's it an ideal
    opening to play against engine cheats!
    worth studying, honestly, it's a lovely opening 🙂
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '13 14:12

3...d ...[text shortened]... sharp Kings Gambit games. particuarly KGA wins for black.

Thanks!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Gambit,_Fischer_Defense
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 02:40
    i should explain my opinion:
    as black play this:
    e4 e5 f4 exf4 Nf3?!! then play Be7! or other moves give black a comfortable game,
    i.e. if not best Be7(imo) also not bad are h5!? or g5 or even fischers old move
    d6 i believe that was his idea. Ne7 also playable i think and also d5. you
    see the problem for white after 3 Nf3?, black has many good re ...[text shortened]... m to be accurate, imo.
    nigel short likes playing KG, worth checking his games out, spassky too.
    3...Be7 with ideas of checking are not very good imo because white gets a strong attack after 4. Bc4 Bh4+ 5.g3 fxg3 6. 0-0 gxh2+ 7.Kh1 and the exposed king isnt bad since black has no pieces developed! He'll have to defend for a long while, but if defending is your thing then black can drive to a won endgame with precision moves.
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 04:19
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    3...Be7 with ideas of checking are not very good imo because white gets a strong attack after 4. Bc4 Bh4+ 5.g3 fxg3 6. 0-0 gxh2+ 7.Kh1 and the exposed king isnt bad since black has no pieces developed! He'll have to defend for a long while, but if defending is your thing then black can drive to a won endgame with precision moves.
    be7 is one of the tricks i find evaporates, think i've seen what you describe in the game at the top i try to combine it with g5 and d5 to make it stronger, on its own it doesn't lead anywhere...
  10. Joined
    31 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Mar '13 09:38
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    no tomtom and e4chris, the idea of Be7 is not to give Bh4+, thats bad.
    its generally to follow with Nf6 and d5, the N likes to go to h5 to protect
    pawn @f4, but if i start showing you lines, i'm just going to
    confuse you, no disrespect meant.
    look, i'll get a few free slots soon, and if you two would like we could
    go through the king's gambit accepted in some unrated games?

regards
    simon

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree