1. Joined
    02 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 18:08
    Thanks everybody. Two last questions though: What are some notable KG games? And what GM's are best known for the use of their KG?
  2. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 19:332 edits
    Originally posted by timmydoza
    Thanks everybody. Two last questions though: What are some notable KG games? And what GM's are best known for the use of their KG?

😛
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 22:45
    Originally posted by timmydoza
    Spassky and Korchnoi are 2 notable players who have used the Kings Gambit regularly as white.
  4. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 12:27
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Spassky and Korchnoi are 2 notable players who have used the Kings Gambit regularly as white.
    Spassky yes, but not Korchnoi, who to the best of my knowledge has only ever played the KG once. (In fact, he rarely plays 1.e4.) He did, however, put his name to a book on the KG written by Zak over 20 years ago.
  5. Joined
    29 May '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 12:33
    One of my big problems with playing the KG is that the black f4 pawn is in the way of my rook after 0-0.
  6. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 12:43
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    Spassky yes, but not Korchnoi, who to the best of my knowledge has only ever played the KG once. (In fact, he rarely plays 1.e4.) He did, however, put his name to a book on the KG written by Zak over 20 years ago.
    Gallagher, Short & Fedorov are maybe better examples.
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 14:43
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    My mistake. I just assumed he played it as I have the Korchnoi / Zak book.

On Spassky we all know that Fisher alledgedly busted it for him!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree