Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 04 Sep '08 01:48
    I'm just curious if he's ever been ranked higher on RHP than he is now (#11). Either way, congrats on playing some stellar chess Korch!
  2. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    04 Sep '08 02:11
    Originally posted by stockton1984
    I'm just curious if he's ever been ranked higher on RHP than he is now (#11). Either way, congrats on playing some stellar chess Korch!
    he has been higher. maybe 5 or 6?
  3. 04 Sep '08 02:35
    Originally posted by irontigran
    he has been higher. maybe 5 or 6?
    I thought he achieved 5th or 4th a couple months ago..
  4. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    04 Sep '08 02:42
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    I thought he achieved 5th or 4th a couple months ago..
    yeah 4 rung a bell with me, but then i thought it seemed too high.
    but now that i think of it it was weyerstrass, akizy, seadevil, then korch
  5. 04 Sep '08 03:15
    Wow I'm way behind apparently. How awesome would it be to see Korch checkmating Anand or Kramnik for the world championship in 2-3 years?
  6. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    04 Sep '08 03:43
    Originally posted by stockton1984
    Wow I'm way behind apparently. How awesome would it be to see Korch checkmating Anand or Kramnik for the world championship in 2-3 years?
    Anand is 2800, and Korch is like 2150(?) thats kindve big gap you have to fill K, in only 2-3 years too!
  7. Standard member randolph
    the walrus
    04 Sep '08 04:22
    Originally posted by irontigran
    Anand is 2800, and Korch is like 2150(?) thats kindve big gap you have to fill K, in only 2-3 years too!
    Then again, his name does start with a K. That's 400-500 points right there.
  8. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    04 Sep '08 09:57
    Originally posted by stockton1984
    I'm just curious if he's ever been ranked higher on RHP than he is now (#11). Either way, congrats on playing some stellar chess Korch!
    Korch has been higher, then a few engines overtake him, then the engines are gone .... and so it goes on and on and on!
  9. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    04 Sep '08 10:11
    Originally posted by irontigran
    yeah 4 rung a bell with me, but then i thought it seemed too high.
    but now that i think of it it was weyerstrass, akizy, seadevil, then korch
    Yes, he was fourth.
  10. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    04 Sep '08 10:49
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Yes, he was fourth.
    I suspect there are at least 2 engines above him at the moment maybe as many as 4 but I obviously cannot name and names!
  11. 04 Sep '08 23:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by stockton1984
    Wow I'm way behind apparently. How awesome would it be to see Korch checkmating Anand or Kramnik for the world championship in 2-3 years?
    It's definitely possible... in 100 games.
  12. 05 Sep '08 06:19
    He should be #2 behind Northern Lad #1
  13. 05 Sep '08 08:25
    Originally posted by NorrisB
    He should be #2 behind Northern Lad #1
    I don't think it's fair to assume that any highly rated player who keeps their real identity secret is an engine user. I'm sure there's more than one genuine player above Korch in the ratings list!
  14. Standard member Jie
    05 Sep '08 08:30
    Is that woodworm on no 8 the noisemaker who is present in the forums? He has done well to be reach that level considering the empty noise he makes in the forums.
  15. 05 Sep '08 08:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    Is that woodworm on no 8 the noisemaker who is present in the forums? He has done well to be reach that level considering the empty noise he makes in the forums.
    No, the one your are thinking of is wormwood... and he would beat the pants off you.