This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 11:07
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I read other threads about 21/21 games and players resigning once the next round start? Why do you think that is?
    the tournament was named "the long haul" -something, with 21/21, and they were expecting a fast game. what were they thinking??
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 23:01
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    "[b]You don't want you games to last months. You want to play a decent game and then analysis it as soon as possible and start another one"

Seems to me that you're telling me what I want. I may be wrong.

D[/b]
    Ah that, I was actually talking to the original poster and wormwood, we joke around now and then. Fast tactics-slow tactics etc...

I just meant that if you have say 50 games going on at once and you use a longer timer, then you have to wait a long time for them to finish and you can't really analyse a game till it's done.

But if you have a few with short timers, they finish quickly, you can analyse them and learn from them right away, and start another game.

For me that is best. It's as close to OTB as you can get.

That's all I meant. If you like longer timers, great 🙂
  4. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 20:42
    I prefer 7/7, I find if I sleep on the games I tend to go better. However, right now I'm up in the 60s and that's simply too much, 20-30 seems to be the right number for me. I figure at 18 games finished per month it will take me roughly 2 months to get back my prefect zone. Above 20-30 games I have difficulty not dropping pieces for stupid reasons which annoys me. I have no idea how the people that manage several hundred games at once do it. I know some people tend to like to play games quickly, but it doesn't seem to work as well in terms of my abilities to see ahead.
  5. Joined
    09 Aug '01
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 17:551 edit
    my last three or four RHP tournaments have been 1/7 12-man groups. whether there is a quality v quantity effect, let me say that my RHP rating has gone down 200 points over the last three month.
  6. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    06 Mar '07 19:221 edit
    It depends on the time controls. I play loads of games, but probably 500 of them are games that have 7 day T/O or higher, which makes it more manageabl, which keeps my game at a higher quality. The main worry is of course (as stated earlier), burnout. I was making moves in games I had been moving in while I was burnt out and I was dropping pieces and pawns left and right. The plus side is (as also stated), the opening experience. If you go back and look at my earlier games, my openings were terrible compared to the ones I play now. It has helped my game quite a bit.
  7. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 18:00
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    It depends on the time controls. I play loads of games, but probably 500 of them are games that have 7 day T/O or higher, which makes it more manageabl, which keeps my game at a higher quality. The main worry is of course (as stated earlier), burnout. I was making moves in games I had been moving in while I was burnt out and I was dropping pieces and pa ...[text shortened]... s, my openings were terrible compared to the ones I play now. It has helped my game quite a bit.
    I honestly have no idea how you do it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree