1... Kh7 2. Nf6 Kg6 { If gxf6 then Qg8# } 3. Qe4 Kg5 4. h4
    [/pgn]
    My way makes them suffer longer. 😉
  2. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 20:12
    The black king is your private parts. You play with him for your pleasure. ( I can't remember what that's from now... could be a BlackAdder ).
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 20:23
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    The black king is your private parts. You play with him for your pleasure. ( I can't remember what that's from now... could be a BlackAdder ).
    Sound like it's from the psychoanalysis of Reuben Fine.
  4. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 20:56
    Black Resigns. Thanks for playing and or watching everyone. Happy Holidays 🙂
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 15:37
    A shocking lapse of protocol from White in giving winning lines for the next players to follow. Black could have won earlier in the game if this was allowed, so I have no choice but to claim a win for Black. Thanks for the game everyone, and try to play within the rules next time.

Multiplayer Game
    Final position - White is disqualified.
  6. e4
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:10
    I saw this game ages ago. Black was cruising.
    I've gone over it again. Suddenly Black ignored the White King and
    started protecting his d-pawn with d6 and Rd8.

It all started when Fat Lady appeared on the scene for White.
    The Black players went 'Oh My God' a good player and crawled into a shell.
    This is a typical OTB responses when weaker players get a good position
    against a good player.

They start to see all kinds of ghosts or lose their nerve and fritter the
    advatage away, in the end they are almost thankful they lost.
  7. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:32
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    A shocking lapse of protocol from White in giving winning lines for the next players to follow. Black could have won earlier in the game if this was allowed, so I have no choice but to claim a win for Black. Thanks for the game everyone, and try to play within the rules next time.
    The game decided by a toilet cubicle moment after all. Of course there will be an appeal and a full public enquiry.
  8. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:36
    I think these sort of games can be very interesting if they are not dominated by a few players. As SG pointed out it quickly turned into The Forum vs Mister Chess.

Perhaps another game with some ground rules? No consecutive moves by the same player, nonsub vs sub teams etc.

It goes without saying that the twits who use engines should not get involved. Not like any rule could deter those sort.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:411 edit
    Originally posted by Fat Lady

Multiplayer Game
    [fen]5R1k/p3r1p1/1q1p3p/3Qn3/1pP1N3/2P5/P3K1PP/5R2 b - - 1 1[/fen]Final position - White is disqualified.
    I'm afraid Black was guilty of this in post #10 on page 3. Your 'resource' does not save white.
  10. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:481 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm afraid Black was guilty of this in post #10 on page 3. Your 'resource' does not save white.
    Full public enquiry published in record time.
  11. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:59
    Originally posted by hedonist
    I think these sort of games can be very interesting if they are not dominated by a few players. As SG pointed out it quickly turned into The Forum vs Mister Chess.

Perhaps another game with some ground rules? No consecutive moves by the same player, nonsub vs sub teams etc.

It goes without saying that the twits who use engines should not get involved. Not like any rule could deter those sort.
    How about...

1. Everyone interested in playing puts their name down in the thread. Give the thread 3 days to collect names.
    2. Then order by rating and create teams by alternating ( or captains and a playground picking session )
    3. Moves are made round-robin within a team with a 24 hour time limit before the next player is eligible
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 17:45
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    How about...

1. Everyone interested in playing puts their name down in the thread. Give the thread 3 days to collect names.
    2. Then order by rating and create teams by alternating ( or captains and a playground picking session )
    3. Moves are made round-robin within a team with a 24 hour time limit before the next player is eligible
    The time thingy is a bit complicated, especially when you factor in other time zones. How about simply stating that no one can make two moves in a row. Also, no forecasting, meaning do not analyze future moves or suggest them. If you do, you're not allowed to make further moves.

The rest of the conditions are fine. I'm for captains and picking teams because some players are not accurately rated.
  13. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 19:072 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The time thingy is a bit complicated, especially when you factor in other time zones. How about simply stating that no one can make two moves in a row. Also, no forecasting, meaning do not analyze future moves or suggest them. If you do, you're not allowed to make further moves.

The rest of the conditions are fine. I'm for captains and picking teams because some players are not accurately rated.
    Yeah.. I wasn't sure about round-robin either.. whether it would keep the game going quick enough. The no consecutive moves could still see it dominated by 2 players. How about no one player should make more than one move in any 24-hour period ( which is kind of firmly pointed at me :-) ). That gives others plenty of time to jump in.

For the 3 day waiting period for names.. possibly add a minimum of 12 players ?
  14. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 19:16
    ok so maybe a rule..

The 2 highest rated players will be nominated captains. The 3rd rated player will flip a coin for which captain gets to pick a team member first.

Then.. either.. whoever picks first plays the black pieces.. or... whoever is left until last gets to move first as compensation for being billy-no-mates.
  15. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 21:22
    I'd like to play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree