1. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 01:46
    Game 1747107
    I know this game is going to be destroyed by higher rated players, but I am wondering what you think about the endgame! The worst I could have had in the end was a draw, even by passing up the knight, but no guts no glory!
  2. Joined
    12 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 19:06
    i post because i hate to see someone post w/o a single reply.

..good chasing..
  3. Joined
    16 Jul '04
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 00:13
    Fortunately for you, your opponent didn't see
    24 Rxc6 pinning the Queen against the King.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 07:49
    Originally posted by prosoccer
    Game 1747107
    I know this game is going to be destroyed by higher rated players, but I am wondering what you think about the endgame! The worst I could have had in the end was a draw, even by passing up the knight, but no guts no glory!
    That was an excellent example of how not to play a won position. White made hideous moves like g4 and f4 that just exposed his own King for no reason other than a cheap, one-move attack. He iced the cake by marooning his own Queen on g7, nicely out of play.

White should have played to keep the position as boring as possible. Centralize and coordinate pieces. Keep everything protected. Picking up more pawns should be the very last thing on White's agenda, because he's already a piece up! He does not need more material to win. Stifle Black's counterplay, meet his forces head-on, and the extra piece will decide things almost every time.
  5. Joined
    08 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 17:37
    I resign when my opponent plays an opening like that...
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '06 18:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree