1. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:26
    You will never cease to amaze me. I have asked you for

- any citations from reputable chess books/site
    - what the BCF/USCF recommend to newbies
    - evidence of any of the KK's playing cuckoo openings such as the fried live attack, moller

You have produced zero (read 0) evidence of the above. May I suggest you look at one or two of his games and give him advice that will actually improve his overall game?

What use is the Heart Attack/Orange Liver Gambit when at 1300 you are dishing out pieces like candy? Why not actually learn to play chess rather than carry on as he is?

HINT HINT... this isn't difficult you know.
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:28
    Originally posted by z00t

- evidence of any of the KK's playing cuckoo openings such as the fried live attack, moller

You have produced zero (read 0) evidence of the above. [b]May I suggest you look at one or two of his games and give ...[text shortened]... lay chess rather than carry on as he is?

[b]HINT HINT... this isn't difficult you know.
    [/b]
    You fail to see the point yet again, its truely shocking. Maybe you should read his first post again and again until you comprehend what he was asking for.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:282 edits

You have produced zero (read 0) evidence of the above. [b]May I suggest you look at one or two of his games and give ...[text shortened]... lay chess rather than carry on as he is?

[b]HINT HINT... this isn't difficult you know.
    [/b]
    [/b]I agree with Bedlam.

The original question was "I need openings that involve fireworks from the very beginning" and that is the question answered with suggestions of various Gambits.

The poster did not ask "What dull and boring opening should I learn that will help me play better chess and improve my game, but bore me to death"
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:37
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I agree with Bedlam.

The original question was "I need openings that involve fireworks from the very beginning" and that is the question answered with suggestions of various Gambits.

The poster did not ask "What dull and boring opening should I learn that will help me play better chess and improve my game, but bore me to death"[/b]
    I'm going to agree to disagree with you guys. If he wants any exotic openings he should look at the following :

- Heart Attack Gambit
    - Orange Liver Attack
    - Early Queen Sorty Extarordinare

If that is not enough he should look at advice from the Cuckoo World of Chess:-

- completely disregard the teachings of the USCF/BCF what do they know?
    - he is giving away too few pieces, may I suggest a clearout instead.
    - Forks and pins what are those?
    - Find your own level in chess
  5. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:392 edits

You have produced zero (read 0) evidence of the above. May I suggest you look at one or two of his games and give lay chess rather than carry on as he is?

HINT HINT... this isn't difficult you know.
    Why do you attack someone that just answered the question that has been asked?

Just answer the original question. Or if you feel that the question is bad, tell him why it is not the right question at his level of play and give him other advice or guidance or whatever, be it your own, or from books.

Adje
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:41
    I'm going to agree to disagree with you guys. If he wants any exotic openings he should look at the following :

- Heart Attack Gambit
    - Orange Liver Attack
    - Early Queen Sorty Extarordinare

If that is not enough he should look at advice from the [b]Cuckoo World of Chess
    :-

- completely disregard the teachings of the USCF/BCF what do they know?
    - ...[text shortened]... I suggest a clearout instead.
    - Forks and pins what are those?
    - Find your own level in chess[/b]
    We cannot impose our views on how we think people should play on everyone because it does not work that way for everyone.

People play chess for different reasons, some people don't want to learn and improve but just want to have fun and who am I to stop them if they never want to get above 1400.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 14:46
    Originally posted by adje
    Why do you attack someone that just answered the question that has been asked?

Just answer the original question. Or if you feel that the question is bad, tell him why it is not the right question at his level of play and give him other advice or guidance or whatever, be it your own, or from books.

Adje
    How many times do you give you kid a razor just because he asks for one? Whilst this site does not have a peer review of games to help others improve, I believe that giving the best advice as if that was your son or daughter is the best.

Just because he is some unknown guy on the net does not mean you should knowingly mislead him.
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 15:14
    How many times do you give you kid a razor just because he asks for one? Whilst this site does not have a peer review of games to help others improve, I believe that giving the best advice as if that was your son or daughter is the best.

Just because he is some unknown guy on the net does not mean you should knowingly mislead him.
    As I said (and you now), give that guy other advice! Give him good advice! Everybody will love you for it.
    But until now you only have argued and complained. That helped no one, also not the creator of the thread.

Comparing a razor with (bad) chess advice is total nonsense.

Adje
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 15:28

We are trying to give the advice he asked for in an objective and far way without being judgmental.

Instead of saying we are wrong why don't you PM the creator of this thread and give him advice he did not ask for. I am sure he will appreicate that.

Slagging off people who try to help puts people off helping at the end of the day.
  10. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 16:57
    Originally posted by adje
    As I said (and you now), give that guy other advice! Give him good advice! Everybody will love you for it.
    But until now you only have argued and complained. That helped no one, also not the creator of the thread.

Comparing a razor with (bad) chess advice is total nonsense.

Adje
    What's nonsense dude is that none of what you/sidekicks says concurs with what the USCF/BCF thinks beginners should be taught. In fact it is so outlandish I've never seen any self-respecting author recommending beginners play gambit chess.

In fact why don't you succeed where your sidekick failed and show me any book that recommends a 1300-level player start playing fried-liver/gambits? If there is any he/she should be charged with chess abuse.

This is not one of those variants where you are competing to lose/be checkmated.
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 17:02
    What's nonsense dude is that none of what you/sidekicks says concurs with what the USCF/BCF thinks beginners should be taught. In fact it is so outlandish I've never seen any self-respecting author recommending beginners play gambit chess.

In fact why don't you succeed where your sidekick failed and show me any book that recommends a 1300-level player start ...[text shortened]... ss abuse.

This is not one of those variants where you are competing to lose/be checkmated.
    We are not saying how beginners should be taught.

We are answering a question "I need openings that involve fireworks from the very beginning" and that is what we are answering - nothing more (or less)

Is the answer to the question wrong in the context of what was asked?
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 17:07

In fact why don't you succeed where your sidekick failed and show me any book that recommends a 1300-level player start ...[text shortened]... ss abuse.

Z00t, I played the Dragon, KG, and Benko since I was appx. 1300-1400. I've done fine using gambits. I don't get how you can say that people shouldn't recommend something that has worked for them, especially when they still offer plenty of winning chances - the KG Bishop Gambit still gets played at the top level by players like Polgar, Short, Adams, etc.
  13. Ireland
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 17:33
    http://www.chessville.com/reviews/ChessOpeningsForBeginners.htm

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~goeller/urusov/links/opening_analysis.html

http://www.exeterchessclub.org.uk/openings.html#beginner

http://www.dwheeler.com/chess-openings/

some sites with opening ideas for beginners.
    I worked as a chess teacher for 7-12 year old kids while in uni. and in my teachings i used a lot of gambits to teach ideas. I think they are a wonderful way to learn to improve in chess with all the excitements that arises from these. pins, forks, skewers. they all pop up somewhere in these openings.

I think they are a definite way to improve ones game for a lower rated player who past moved behond merely knowing hjow the pieces moves.

I recommend.
    Evans gambit + morra gambit + kings gambit has fine ways to start playing chess
  14. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 18:27
    Show me the games of any of the K’s playing that crap?
    Is Spassky a K?

[Event "USSR-ch Tallinn"]
    [Site "USSR-ch Tallinn"]
    [Date "1959.??.??"]
    [EventDate "1959.??.??"]
    [Round "?"]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [White "B Spassky"]
    [Black "S Furman"]
    [ECO "C33"]
    [WhiteElo "?"]
    [BlackElo "?"]
    [PlyCount "62"]

1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nc3 Qh4+ 4. Ke2 d5 5. Nxd5 Bd6 6. d4 Bg4+ 7. Nf3 Nc6 8. e5 O-O-O 9. Bxf4 Nge7 10. c4 Nf5 11. exd6 Nfxd4+ 12. Kd3 Qh5 13. Be2 Ne6 14. Bg3 cxd6 15. b4 Rhe8 16. Re1 Nc7 17. Kc3 Qh6 18. Qc1 Nxd5+ 19. cxd5 Re3+ 20. Bd3 Qf6+ 21. Kc2 Rxe1 22. Bxe1 Bxf3 23. dxc6 Bxc6 24. Bc3 Qf2+ 25. Qd2 Ba4+ 26. Kb2 Qh4 27. Bxg7 Kb8 28. g3 Qg4 29. Bf6 Rc8 30. Rc1 Re8 31. b5 1-0
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Dec '06 18:56
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Is Spassky a K?

[Event "USSR-ch Tallinn"]
    [Site "USSR-ch Tallinn"]
    [Date "1959.??.??"]
    [EventDate "1959.??.??"]
    [Round "?"]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [White "B Spassky"]
    [Black "S Furman"]
    [ECO "C33"]
    [WhiteElo "?"]
    [BlackElo "?"]
    [PlyCount "62"]

1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nc3 Qh4+ 4. Ke2 d5 5. Nxd5 Bd6 6. d4 Bg4+ 7. Nf3 Nc6 8. e5 O-O-O 9. Bxf4 Nge7 10. c4 N ...[text shortened]... + 26. Kb2 Qh4 27. Bxg7 Kb8 28. g3 Qg4 29. Bf6 Rc8 30. Rc1 Re8 31. b5 1-0
    Spassky regularly played Kings Gambit I believe but he is not presumably a competent GM becasue his name does not begin with K.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree